We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul in Feb - Where to Stay?

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul in Feb - Where to Stay?

We'll be going to Istanbul next Feb for 4 nights. Yes, I know, the timing is not ideal and the weather will be bad, but unfortunately we can't change the time.

I'm trying to decide where we should stay for the 4 days, Sultanahmet, Beyoglu, or along the Bosphorus? Originally I had my heart set on the Four Seasons in Sultanahmet to be close to all the attractions, but I'm reading that the area is very dead at night. Given that it's Feb and we won't really be able to spend much time relaxing outside, maybe it's not worth it to stay near the Bosphorus for the view? Any suggestions or opinions?

Also, if we did decide to stay in Beyoglu, how is the public transportation to the old city? I believe there's a tram. I've also seen some recommendations for water taxi. Is it too cold to do that in Feb? How about the Bosphorus cruise?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. Re: Istanbul in Feb - Where to Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 01:16