We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions of anywhere in Turkey for February

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions of anywhere in Turkey for February

Hi, I'm after some suggestions.

I live in Istanbul and have a week's holiday in February. I want to get out of the city and go somewhere with my boyfriend. I've already been to Cappadocia a few times and would rather go somewhere new. I've also spent a lot of time in the Izmir/Didim/Marmaris and Fethiye - Antalya areas so would rather not go there again.

I quite wanted to do some exploring of S/E Turkey but my boyfriend isn't keen.

Can anyone give me some suggestions of places we can go? Anywhere I can fly to from Istanbul is fine, or anywhere within easyish distance of an airport. I'm not interested in staying in a fancy hotel and obviously no sunbathing in February, but I love food, architecture, peaceful relaxed places, walking, photography and romance!

Thank you for your ideas

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions of anywhere in Turkey for February

Hmm,this is quite a tall order for February given what the weather is like and the places you've already visited.The south coast will have the best of the weather(despite what is happening there right now!)so you could head down to Gaziantep and then down into the Hatay area to visit Antakya and surrounds.Both of these places have plenty of historical and cultural interest(some great food opportunities too LOL) and you can fly in and out of both Antep and Hatay airports cheaply now.

I know this isn't as east as you'd like but it would be a compromise with the BF.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions of anywhere in Turkey for February

Thanks for the suggestion! I'd love to go to those places...now for the bf!

3. Re: Suggestions of anywhere in Turkey for February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:19