We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

Asking for advice again please folks. We look like getting in to Selcuk from Bergama either late Sunday or sometime Monday morning by bus ( yet to decide how much time to spend / need at Pergamum ) We then want to get a flight to Cappadocia.

Our choice is 1.30PM Wed OR 6.00PM Thursday ( leave Cappadocia Sunday morning ) Should we spend less time in Selcuk and get Wed flight , or more time ( less time Cappadocia ) and get Thursday flight ? Thankyou.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

I reckon get the earlier flight in to Cappadocia which then gives you 3 full days to explore the region plus the leftover from Wednsday.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

Thanks ResmeN. That's the way I'm sort of thinking. Does anybody else have an opinion please. In Selcuk area we have Ephesus on the books with sights of Selcuk itself. Maybe a short trip to Sirince and / or Kusadasi.

We were going to go over to Pammukale and then night bus to Goreme, but sitting all night on a bus does not excite me so we might get a day trip out to Pammukale and fly to Goreme.

adelaide
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

We visited both places and I agree. Cappadocia needs more time. it is a stunning and very differnt and exciting place but everything is very spread out. make sure you go to the open air museum in Goreme and give yourself plenty of tiome. start at the top and wander back down the valley. also see and underground city if you can.

In Selcuk I would concentrate on Ephesus with Sirince second. it is a tiny town up in the hills and wont take a whole day. Check out the castle and the remains of St John's basilica at the top of the hill at Sekcuk. And the mosque just below it. You can walk easily to those places .

sally

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

Appreciate that Sally. Looks like that's the plan we will take.

Cheers.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,730 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

Buick, welcome to Turkey. The answer is if you are going to take a day trip to Pamukkale, then you should take the later flight to Cappadocia. Otherwise if yo skip the Pmukkale trip, then you should take theearlier flight to Cappadocia. My advice is to give more time to Cappadocia, as it is rather spread out.

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

I would be in a dilemma to answer you if not for the knowledge that you will have already spent a good few days along the Aegean coast,so yes tack the extra time onto Cappadocia.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

Thanks all. Decided to take Wed afternoon flight. We booked it and managed to get an extra night at Goreme hotel , and it's a fairy chimney room too which was not available for the nights we already booked . So happy all round. Cheers.

8. Re: Allocate more time to Selcuk area or Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:16