We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

Brazil
Level Contributor
165 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

I will arrive in Istanbul on 24th of May, at night.

My plans are:

stay in Istanbul until 29th and take the 17:40 flight to Nevsehir (to Cappadocia)

stay in Goreme until 1st of June and take the night bus to Denizli (to Pamukkale)

visit Pamukkale on 2nd of June and take the night flight to Istanbul

3rd of June - leave Turkey.

Don't you think my Pamukkale visit will be in a rush?

Do you think I'd better travel to Nevsehir early in the morning and leave Goreme on 31st of May and sleep 1 night in Denizli?

Is Nevsehir the best airport to Cappadocia (flight tickets are cheaper!)?

Thanks for any help because it's time to buy the flights tickets.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

TFernandes, You have a good travel plan in general. Instead of Pamukkale, I would spend the day at Selcuk and and see Ephesus and fly back to Istanbul from Izmir Airport. You can also fly to Izmir Airport by Sun Express or Pegasus Airlines direct from Kayseri(Cappadocia). Yes, Nevsehir is the best airport to arrive at Cappadocia because it is close to Goreme where I assume you will stay at. No Pamukkale is not rushed as you have enough time to see it. You need a minimum of 2 days and nights at Cappadocia but preferably three days. Do not for get the balloon trip there. Here is my review of my recent balloon trip with Butterfly Balloons: "tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297983-d1…".

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

I too am surprised that you have left out Ephesus(but maybe it doesn't interest you).You can incorporate it by just cutting a day off Istanbul.

Only Turkish Airlines fly from Denizli whereas from Izmir several carriers operate so flights are more frequent and much cheaper too.

Nevşehir is the much closer of the two airports serving Cappadocia,the other being Kayseri-so it's nice for you that flights are cheaper :)

A few hours(4 or 5)at Pamukkale are quite sufficient to see what is there.

Other than these couple of points everything else looks fine,go for it.

Brazil
Level Contributor
165 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

Yeah! I've got to take the ballon ride!

Do you think it's possible to go by bus or tour from Izmir or Selcuk (I suppose this is the best place to sleep when visiting Ephesus) to Denizli to see Pamukkale? If it is, I could leave Cappadocia in the third evening (31st of May), visit Ephesus next day, Pamukkale on 2nd of June and return to Istanbul at the end of this day.

Thanks!

Brazil
Level Contributor
165 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

Or do you think I should skip Pamukkale and stay 2 days in Selcuk?

5. Re: My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2012, 12:58
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

I have made an alternative plan for you (better to do Istanbul later)

24/5 Istanbul fly to Nevsehir or Kayseri

25/5 Cappadocia

26/5 Cappadocia

27/5 Fly or bus to Denizli

28/5 Pamukkale

29/5 Bus to Selcuk (Efes)

30/5 Bus to Izmir then fly to Istanbul

31/5 Istanbul

1/6 Istanbul

2/6 Istanbul

3/6 Istanbul fly back to GRU

7. Re: My Turkey Itinerary - suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:43