We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

Hi there! My bestfriend and I will visit Turkey on her birthday month next year...I have read some trip reports here and found daily istanbul tours as the leading tour company on trip advisor.. below is my itinerary. Can I include a hotair balloon ride during our stay in Cappadocia? Or would that be seasonal? We are in our 40s and my bff loves photography. Please suggest places to eat for dinner..we don't drink alcohol nor wine, bec of health issues..our travel dates March 31st until April 11th.. hope to hear from all of you soon!!! Jenny

Day 1: Istanbul

After arrival Istanbul ataturk airport, pick you up with your name and transfer to hotel, free time and Overnight stay in Istanbul.

Day 2: Istanbul Walking city tour

After breakfast pick up from hotel and do the full day tour of old city part, visit Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome and Grand Bazaar. After tour free time and overnight in Istanbul. (Breakfast&Lunch)

Day 3: North Cappadocia tour

Early pick up from hotel and transfer to airport for take a flight to Cappadocia, after arrival Cappadocia depart for a full days tour of Northern Cappadocia, we will visit the Goreme Open Air Museum, Devrent, Avanos, Pasabag, Cavusin village. End of the tour transfer back to hotel and stay at Cave hotel in Goreme. (Breakfast&Lunch)

Day 4: South Cappadocia tour

After breakfast, at 09:30 am pick up from the hotel and full days tour of Southern Cappadocia. We will visit Uchisar Castle, Pigeon valley, Underground city (Kaymakli) and hiking in one of the beautiful valley of Cappadocia . End of the tour back to hotel and overnight in a Cappadocia. (Breakfast&Lunch)

Day 5: Cappadocia to Izmir by plane

After breakfast at the hotel, pick you up and transfer to airport for take a flight to Izmir (some days direct flights and some days via Istanbul flights available) After arrive in Izmir transfer to hotel in Kusadasi and overnight stay. (Breakfast)

Day 6: Pamukkale tour

After breakfast, you will be picked up for a full days tour of Pamukkale and Hierapolis. Pamukkale which means cotton castle, has been formed over time by the natural hot springs, rich in calcium and carbonate, that flow down the slope. We will also visit the ancient Roman Health Spa of Hierapolis, made most famous for it is thermal springs, theatre, Agora and the Necropolis. End of the tour drive to Kusadasi and overnight stay in Kusadasi. (Breakfast&Lunch)

Day 7: Ephesus tour

After breakfast depart for full day tour of Ephesus, visit great ruins of Ephesus ancient city, Celsius library, temple of Artemis and house of virgin Mary. End of the tour transfer to airport and take a flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival Istanbul transfer to hotel and overnight stay. (Breakfast&Lunch)

Day 8: Istanbul

After breakfast, according your flight time we provide airport transfer. (Breakfast)

Price :

3 Star hotels

Per person 1090 USD with credit card and 1035 USD with cash payment

Gorgeous Tour - Daily Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Balloon Rides, Sightseeing Tours
MyTrip Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Balloon Rides
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

My first reaction is: what a short time in İstanbul!

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

I know, thinking of spending 3 more days in Istanbul before we leave for washington dc..

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

Will you be touring in a group? What is the weather like in April in Turkey?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

Yes, a group tour...they said abt 10-15 people in a group..weather wise a lil cold with some rain :(

Regina, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

That sounds like an awesome tour price for the time and locations, can you be more specific on who you contacted to get that kind of deal? We are 2 people who are going from April 3-14th with a very similar itinerary :)

6. Re: turkey trip in april 2013, please advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 06:15
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now