We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planned trip to Turkey

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Planned trip to Turkey

I plan to visit Turkey between July 19 - July 26. I will travelling along with my wife and 3 yr old daughter from Dubai

What would you suggest as a suitable itinerary. I would like to visit Istanbul, Antalya and Marmaris. Would it be too much to cover within the proposed period

Also would it be a good thing to travel to Turkey during Ramadan time

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planned trip to Turkey

I think 1 week is too short for 3 centres. I would choose Istanbul and just 1 other, much more manageable.

There are very frequent and reasonably cheap flights from Istanbul to Antalya or Dalaman.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planned trip to Turkey

I agree 1 week is too short to visit three areas and if I were you either concentrate onj just one or pick 2

and no problems with travelling during the month of ramadan..tourism in turkey does not halt for hold month of ramadan..In some parts of Turkey, such as most of inland and eastern locations as locals are more conservative than people in the rest of the country,

you will unlikely see any closed establishment in big cities, central parts of the cities, and touristy towns of western and southern Turkey

3. Re: Planned trip to Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:18