We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Izmir - Aliaga minibus hire

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Izmir - Aliaga minibus hire

Hello everyone,

I am travelling with a group of 13 people, landing in Izmir but staying in Aliaga. Does anyone know whether it is possible to hire a minibus for that many people either at the airport, in Izmir or Aliaga? The only options I can see on the car hire websites are for 9 seaters, but we need 13. I also don't speak Turkish, so would have to be English or German speaking staff.

Thanks for reading.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Izmir - Aliaga minibus hire

Do you just want one as an airport transfer?Or to hire for your own use whilst here?For one to carry 13 people you would need to have a PSV(minibus)licence AFAIK.Which is probably the reason you haven't been able to find one larger than for 9 people.

If it is just for transfer purposes any transfer company will be able to do this for you.

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Izmir - Aliaga minibus hire

Is this the law in Turkey? Because a UK licence allows us to drive a minibus up to 16 passengers on a car driving licence.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Izmir - Aliaga minibus hire

In which case you may well be allowed to hire a large minibus using your licence.Turkish licences are different.Here is a Fiat Ducato for 16+1 people,I'm afraid the web site is only in Turkish but of you e mail they'll reply in English-

http://www.izmirdekiralikaraba.com/havaalani-kiralik-minibüs

These too have a Mercedes and a VW for 13+1 people-and again in Turkish (sorry!) but e mail them with your needs and they'll reply in English.Click on iletişim for e mail details-

kiralikminibus.com.tr/kiralik-minibus-kirala…

Hurrah!here is one in English :) and they are usually a good price too-

propercar.com/car-hire-Turkey/rental-car-fle…

See how you get on with these.

4. Re: Izmir - Aliaga minibus hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 05:17