We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mount nemrut

5 posts
Save Topic
mount nemrut

Hi travelling to turkey from 3rd july to 26th, was wondering how to travel from marmaris to mount nemrut and any good tour we could take their?

And what is better, malatya or adiyaman?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mount nemrut

I think the Kahta/Adiyaman side is better because you can visit the other Commagene sites in the area. Most of the hotels in Adiyaman or Kahta will offer you a tour. I've heard the Kommagene Hotel in Kahta offers a B&B + tour package.

From Marmaris, either fly from Dalaman to Adiyaman via Istanbul, or fly from Izmir to Gaziantep or Sanliurfa and continue by bus. For the Malatya side you can fly from Izmir to Malatya.

Edited: 10 June 2013, 12:08
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mount nemrut

Or you could take a bus, it's 16.5 hours from Marmaris to Gaziantep, 18.5 hours to Sanliurfa.

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mount nemrut

thank you so much, actually while researching I came across that we can do the Greece island of Rhodes fro bodrum and marmaris, so now we are contemplating which is better and saves us time as we definatly want to do mount nemrut and sumela monastery in the Trabzon provience, so please help if u have any idea what is better or how to do a round trip without going back to Istanbul as we have 5-6 days to do all this

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mount nemrut

actually while researching I came across that we can do the Greece island of Rhodes fro bodrum and marmaris, so now we are contemplating which is better and saves us time as we definatly want to do mount nemrut and sumela monastery in the Trabzon provience, so please help if u have any idea what is better or how to do a round trip without going back to Istanbul as we have 5-6 days to do all this

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mount nemrut

5-6 days to do what?

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mount nemrut

To do bordum, Rhode Island, mount nemrut and trabzon ( monetary)

Istanbul
Level Contributor
617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mount nemrut

maybe 15-16days would be more appropriate.

8. Re: mount nemrut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 05:17