We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Turkey for a week. What countries can I visit nearby?

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Topic
In Turkey for a week. What countries can I visit nearby?

I will be travelling to Ankara in early September with my mother. I'll be in Ankara for a week and then will have a few more days to visit around the country or visit near by countries. Any suggestions how we can plan the trip in Ankara, and in and around Turkey? If we are visiting other countries, then could there be VISA complications?

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: In Turkey for a week. What countries can I visit nearby?

Well, as far as other countries are concerned, you're not exactly spoilt for choice and neither are there any borders near to Ankara, which is in the centre; you have Syria (a total no-no at present), Iraq, Iran, Armenia (which has no diplomatic relationship with Turkey at present, so you cannot cross the border) and Georgia, which is way up in the north-east. Greece and the Greek islands are also far from Ankara.

Anyway, Turkey is full of places to visit and you will not have sufficient time to see much of it. I would suggest that you plan a trip to Cappadocia, which is close by - there are plenty of trip reports on here that you could read about the area.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Turkey for a week. What countries can I visit nearby?

If you are an Indian passport holder then it would be better to look at this from the other way round and see which of Turkey's neighbouring countries you can easily obtain visa's for.Certainly you will need to apply for a visa to enter Turkey and once here you can in theory visit several countries only a short flight away but first learn which those countries can be open for you,then choose which you'd like to visit.

Frankly with only a few days I would spend them here in Turkey,perhaps go to Istanbul or the wonderful Cappadocia region.

3. Re: In Turkey for a week. What countries can I visit nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:18