We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 days in turkey - urgent help needed with itinerary

Coffs Harbour...
2 posts
Save Topic
20 days in turkey - urgent help needed with itinerary

Hi everyone,

I am in need of some serious help. I have been volunteering in Mexico with very limited Internet and resources. Suddenly my trip to turkey is 2 weeks away and I have no real idea of where or how to get to places. I will be independently back packing with buses or transportation.

I start in istanbul on the 10th arriving first thing in the morning. Obviously there are many sites to see here so I wanted to be there until Friday 13th sept. then I will head to Anzac cove - can anyone recommend eceabat over canakkale or vice versa? Also what is the best way to get there.

Then I have 7 days to get my self down to feithye. I have no idea what is a must see along this coast... Also without a guide book, I understand Ephesus is fantastic but touristy and pumukkale is good but a major detour to get to on our way to feithye.

One part I have booked is a night at v-go hostel in feithye prior to a 4n/3d (22nd sept) cruise along the meditaranean coast finishing in olympos on the 25th sept.

I finally have 3 days before I depart from antayla - is this worth checking out for a few days or should I head else where before my flight departs?

I REALLY appreciate any help as I nay have sparse Internet and no English guide books.

Thanks

Nina

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 days in turkey - urgent help needed with itinerary

Maybe buy a Lonely Planet or Rough Guide in Istanbul. e.g. at Robinson Crusoe - rob389.com/lonely-planet-turkey-travel-guide…

Coffs Harbour...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 days in turkey - urgent help needed with itinerary

Thanks I will definitely do that. There are no guide books in English in Mexico that I have seen.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20 days in turkey - urgent help needed with itinerary

Hi. There's very little accommodation in Eceabat. Canakkale is great, and you'll be able to pick up a tour to Anzac Cove (necessary). I suggest Anzac Hotel itself. Trouble is, they'll have to take you back over the Dardanelles, which you may have already crossed to get there. No big deal - 25 mins on the sea with lovely views.

Plenty of buses go from Istanbul Otogar to Canakkale every day (6 hrs?)

From Canakkale, get a bus to Selcuk which is very ANZAC-friendly

Honestly, you can just arrive and wing it.

But, as davidm1 says, pick up an old Rough Guide or lonelyplanet somewhere, but ignore the hotel / restaurant recommendations.

Edited: 28 August 2013, 21:03
4. Re: 20 days in turkey - urgent help needed with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:22