We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to turkey on sept 25,2013

Michigan City...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
going to turkey on sept 25,2013

Hi, is anybody going to turkey on last week of sept? I just received an email from US government about travel warnings to turkey. Should we go or cancel our trip?

McAllen, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to turkey on sept 25,2013

I am going the first week of October but haven't received any mail.

London, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to turkey on sept 25,2013

I am looking for October holiday (leaving ~12th of October), still need to choose between Izmir resorts and Antalya - which place you would recommend to choose? Afraid that Izmir is big town, might be some riots going on because of the Syrian situation right now, but Antalya closer to Syria..

All your thoughts would be highly appreciated!

Michigan City...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: going to turkey on sept 25,2013

we are going to istancul,cappadocia, Izmir...I don't think we have an itinerary to Antalya..sorry

Michigan City...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: going to turkey on sept 25,2013

which part of turkey are you going on the first week of October?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going to turkey on sept 25,2013

please read these posts

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k68…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k68…

As I have just written on another forum..If I felt that there was any danger to my children or myself I would be on the fişrst plan back to Canada ..you dont need to be concerned and I would not change my travel plans

Syria is over 1,263 km, from Antalya ( almost 800 miles )

No-one has a crystal ball, of course, but equally one has to be logical and realistic about potential risks.

Check the regularly -updated UK government travel advice site for information...remembering that all government sites err on the side of caution:

Turkey is a HUGE country, and current problems are off tourist routes.

6. Re: going to turkey on sept 25,2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:18