We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November

portsmouth
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
November

Hi guys,

Thinking of doing a late deal somewhere and one of the options I was thinking of was turkey! Does it close down at any point? Will everything be closed beginning of November? And what about weather? Could someone give me some advice please? Should I forget turkey till next year? Thanks in advance x

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November

It depends on where you want to go and what you want to do.The south coast around Antalya tends to have the best weather (and has virtually a 12 month season so plenty of places open)but other parts of the country can still often be pretty decent even late on.

Don't expect blazing hot sunshine but you should still likely need sunglasses most days.The slightly cooler weather,whilst precluding hard line sunbathing :) does make it ideal for going out and about exploring though.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
506 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November

Hi kellylouise

I visit the Antalya and/or Side area every year in November & love it at this time of year- not as crowded & no unbearable searing summer temperatures! The weather is still good though - low to mid 20's (although it did reach 29 last year for a couple of days) There can be a couple of "iffy" days but it doesn't stop you coming home with a nice tan. And it can get a bit chilly in the evenings & at night.

Obviously some things do close down for the winter months but there is still plenty to see & do & lots of places stay open for the winter months. Most of the hotels go on to their winter concept at the beginning of November - they still offer you the excellent service but some of the outside bars & restaurants close & the evening entertainment moves indoors.

3. Re: November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:19