We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help

HI! Can I ask the experts to look over this itinerary that is being suggested by a travel agent in Greece? (I used them before). My main concern is getting plenty of time to travel ourselves by car to see the towns along the coast from Antalaya to Fethiye. I've read a lot and it seems people stay in various towns along the way - but maybe we can dock ourselves and take day trips which we enjoy. Bodrum probably only 2 days (agent suggests 3) and Istanbul needs 4 (agent suggests 3). Hubby can't come for as long, so I will do Kusadasi with my kids (19 and 16) alone. I figure I'll do a private tour of Ephesus with them. Any suggestions please and thank you.

Ellen

Jul 03: Arrival at Istanbul airport / Meet our representative-Delivery of all needed documents (hotel vouchers and tickets) / Flight tickets to Izmir airport / Arrival / Transfer to hotel in Kusadasi.

Jul 03-06: 3 night accommodation in Kusadasi at Lavista Hotel or similar with breakfast (triple room).

Jul 06: Pick up from the hotel and transfer to Bodrum / Meet with your husband.

Jul 06-09: 3 night accommodation in Bodrum at Hotel Marina Vista or similar with breakfast (double rooms).

Jul 09: Pick up car, outside your hotel, Ford Focus or similar / Drive to the Antalya.

Jul 09-10: 1 night accommodation in Kas at Medusa Hotel or similar with breakfast (double rooms).

Jul 10-12: 2 night accommodation in Antalya at Su Hotel or similar with breakfast (double rooms).

Jul 12: Drop off car at Antalya’s airport / Flight tickets to Cappadocia via Istanbul / Arrival / Transfer to your hotel.

Jul 12-15: 3 night accommodation in Cappadocia at Ccr Hotel or similar with breakfast (double rooms).

Jul 15: Transfer to Cappadocia airport / Flight tickets to Istanbul / Arrival / Transfer to your hotel.

Jul 15-18: 3 night accommodation in Istanbul at Nippon Hotel or similar with breakfast (double rooms).

Jul 18: Transfer to Istanbul airport for the flight to Greece.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help

Or is it too rushed?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help

I would spend more time on the coast from Fethiye to Antalya, maybe skip Bodrum altogether. E.g. 2 nights Selcuk or Kusadasi for Ephesus, 1 night Pamukkale, meet husband in Fethiye, spend 7th-12th July 2 nights each in Fethiye, Kas and Cirali. Fly from Antalya to Kayseri direct with Pegasus or SunExpress (no need to go via Istanbul).

3. Re: Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 22:41
philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Help

Yes I am using a travel agency who knows Turkey. The suggestions are wonderful and I'd never skip Ephesus! Thanks for the help so far!!!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Help

I agree with davids ideas..

<<<2 nights Selcuk or Kusadasi for Ephesus, 1 night Pamukkale, meet husband in Fethiye, spend 7th-12th July 2 nights each in Fethiye, Kas and Cirali. Fly from Antalya to Kayseri direct with Pegasus or SunExpress (no need to go via Istanbul).<<<

The Turkey Travel planner has some good suggestions

www.turkeytravelplanner.com/

This is really a tough questions because 2 or 3 weeks travel in Turkey just the tip of the iceberg to see some of the great areas. My guess would be about 4 days to see some of the major sites but of course you can spend many more.

Certainly the places of Ephesus ( Selcuk ) and Cappadocia are not to be missed and for some time on the historical Lycian Way... check out the areas between Antalya and Fethiye.

You certainly cannot see all of Turkey within the time frames of 2.5 - 3 weeks but a glimspes of the wonderful areas

You might want to consider 2 ways to travel. As for the amount of days it is up to you. One can easily spend 10 days just exploring the Antalya coastal areas ( Lycian coastline ) with the vast amount of historical and rural villages with lovely beaches..

Where ever you decide to go have a super trip. It will be one trip of a lifetime.

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

Please read some of the other members ''Trip report''. Just type in the search box and many will come up. also blog pages plus photos on Flickr are a wealth of information and a complete guide for places like Istanbul and Cappadocia.

Domestic airline carriers in Turkey ( for flights from Antalya to Kayseri and then Nevsehir to Istanbul ) also fly from Istanbul to Izmir to begin your travels

http://www.onurair.com.tr/default_eng.aspx

http://www.thy.com/

www.atlasjet.com/AtlasjetWeb/atlasjet.kk…

http://www.flypgs.com/en/default.aspx

www.anadolujet.com/

www.sunexpress.com/tr

you could try these sites for finding flights

www.aerobilet.com/

www.skyscanner.net

you need about 4 nights in Istanbul and maybe you might want to do this at the end of your trip instead of the beginning..

arrive Istanbul fly direct to Izmir..rent a car there and drive to Selcuk ( 2 nights ) drive to Pamukkale ( 1 night ) drive to Fethiye ( 2 nights ) continue to Kas ( 2 nights ) then drive to Cirali ( 2 nights ) drive to Antalya ( 1 or 2 nights ) drop the car back at the antalya airport and fly to Kayseri..

BTW..you dont need a travel agent to organize this trip for you..you can plan this entire trip yourselves and it will be less costly..many other travellers do this all the time

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Help

since you sent me a private message I thought I would also post my answer here

arrive Istanbul fly direct to Izmir..rent a car there and drive to Selcuk ( 2 nights ) drive to Pamukkale ( 1 night ) drive to Fethiye ( 2 nights ) continue to Kas ( 2 nights ) then drive to Cirali ( 2 nights ) drive to Antalya ( 1 or 2 nights ) drop the car back at the antalya airport and fly to Kayseri..

BTW..you dont need a travel agent to organize this trip for you..you can plan this entire trip yourselves and it will be less costly..many other travellers do this all the time

my suggestions would be Cirali..for 2 or 3 nights..beautiful sea, Olympos ruins, mystical flames of the Chimaera just to name a few..plus otehr nearby sites to explore such as Phaselis

If you are looking for a small resort you could look at Cirali as a quiet alternative....stunning beach, lush forests..an idyllic, concrete-free paradise, and sparkling clear seas. The Cirali Beach is also a rare opportunity to visit one of the Med’s few remaining nesting sites for loggerhead turtles.

roughguides.com/destinations/…

Cirali ( Çıralı ) is a very lovely and unspoilt area...with Olimpos Roman ruins scattered in a pine forest, a secluded 4km non-touristy beach, fertile fields, and the Chimaera, the world's oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame". Also a natural nesting-ground for carretta carretta (loggerhead turtles).

This is the Chimaera or Yanartaş as it is know in Turkish .....Yanartaş - The mystical flames at the Chimaera. The Chimaera, a series of flames issuing out of cracks in the bare hillside, is one of the most unusual sites in the whole of Lycia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanarta%c5%9f

check out these photos here; http://tinyurl.com/mo7fr6r

then go to Kas for 2 nights..then the Fethiye area..then Selcuk...I would avoid Kusadasi as it is also very touristy..and a major cruise ships port.

or if you wish to extend your time in Cirali and Kas then skip the Fethiye area and go to Pamukkale and then Selcuk

then from Izmir you can fly to either Cappadocia or back to Istanbul..

you dont need a tour operator to see these sites yourself..rent a car and drive along the coast and you can visit as many as you like

Ancient Cities of Lycian Civilization ( .UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Date of Submission: 06/02/2009 )

http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5408/

Major cities of this federation were Patara (being the capital city), Xanthos, Pinara, Olympos, Myra and Tlos which had three votes later joined Phaselis.

Lycian civilization only existed in this part of the world and Anatolia

hope this helps a bit

7. Re: Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:18