We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traffic in Turkey

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
traffic in Turkey

Hi, my wife and I are planning to go to Turkey in Nov, we will go to several places, I find that the trafic can be difficult for some places. Can anybody give me some ideas on the routes below?

1. Ankara airport to Safranbolu (is there any direct bus?)

2. Safranbolu to Cappadocia (Goreme)

3. Cappodocia to Antalya (take bus or flight?)

Thank you so much!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traffic in Turkey

<<<3. Cappodocia to Antalya (take bus or flight?)<<<

cant answer all your questions but I can answer the above..ıf there is a flight available from Kayseri ( cappadocia area ) to antalya I would always fly first..check out sun-express and pegasus airlines however there will not be any direct flights in November. they only have flights during the summer months that are direct so you will fly indirect to Istanbul first and then antalya

why not arrange your trip to fly direct from Ankara to Antalya ?? that makes more sense

what places are you planning on visiting ? are you arriving in ankara or Istanbul first ? if arriving in ankara spend some time there 1 oe 2 days..bus to Cappadocia..3/4 nights..then bus or fly to antalya

<<<1. Ankara airport to Safranbolu (is there any direct bus?)<<< their wont be any direct buses from the airport so you will first go to the bus station from the aiport and then get a bus to Safranbolu or KARABÜK.

Safkar Safran Turizm - Safranbolu ve Karabük'ten, İstanbul, Ankara ...

www.safranturizm.com/

for more bus services check out this link

e-yasamrehberi.com/otobus_firmalari/karabuk_…

check out the map on google

http://goo.gl/maps/OgaE2

Edited: 03 October 2013, 08:07
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traffic in Turkey

or here;

http://goo.gl/maps/G3R8U

this might be a better map

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traffic in Turkey

Thank you, canmom

We will arrive at Istanbul first, then Ankara (Safranbolu), Cappadocia(Goreme), Antalya(Damizil), Izmir (selcuk, Alacati), then back to Istanbul again.

the direct flight from Ankara to Antalya is quite expensive US$320+, not sure whether the price may fluctuate or not

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traffic in Turkey

not sure where you are looking for flights from ankara to antalya as I have found some for mid novemeber starting at 37 USD pp

check out this site

https://www.aerobilet.com.tr/

do you mean your trip will be like this ? or you should do your trip like this; Istanbul first, bus to Safranbolu, Ankara bus to Cappadocia (Goreme), fly or bus to Antalya - bus to Denizli, bus to selcuk, Alacati), then back to Istanbul again.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traffic in Turkey

Thank you, canmom

previously, I dont know about this AnadoluJet, now maybe I can adjust the trip like this

arrive at Istanbul, then fly to Cappadocia, then bus to Safranbolu (or transit bus in Ankara to Safranbolu), then fly from Ankara to Antalya (visit old town, Pamukkale then back to Antalya), then bus to Izmir (bus to Selcuk and Alacati from Izmir), fly back to Istanbul

Does it sound better?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,851 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traffic in Turkey

If i may butt in here - Pamukkale is a long way from Antalya - I think it would be easy to visit it from Izmir (Selcuk).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: traffic in Turkey

I see, thank you, Attagul

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: traffic in Turkey

Hi Zhenru! İf İ may butt in too :-)

how many days you plan this traveling? You have a lot of traveling involved to see certain sites. İf you have plenty fo time, of course go for it. İ would say at least 2 weeks, most tours that do this kind of itinerary about take the same period of time.

Best would be to make a loop İstanbul > Safranbolu > Ankara > Cappadocia > Antalya > Pamukalle > İzmir > İstanbul.

İn that way it is easy to do by buses even some stretches are pretty long, so then you can opt for a flight too.

Perhaps having a car locally just in Cappadocia??? Traffic can be mad in the major cities, but İ remember Singapore also not being the quietest city :-)

Hope this helps, good luck!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: traffic in Turkey

Thank you, VillaRhapsody

We got exactly 2 weeks, and the schedule is quite tight actually, so we may consider to cancel Alacati if we are too tired in the last few days.

Because there is no direct flight from Cappa to Antalya, so we choose to go to Cappa first then Ankara, and after that can fly directly to Antalya.

I still want to ask which is the better way to go from Cappa to Ankara, by train or bus?

Thank you

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: traffic in Turkey

There is only the option by bus, there is no train to Cappadocia, and in the end of the day, it is not that far.