We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't forget to stash Liras for the big holiday coming up...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Don't forget to stash Liras for the big holiday coming up...

I've read that during the October 14 through 17 national holiday ATMs can run out of money, and banks will be closed, so they won't be restocked.

Since the holiday has a weekend on each end of it, it's really quite a long holiday and travel time for many, with maybe more use of ATM s.

I've been stashing some Liras away, just in case.... hate to have to resort to credut cards if I don't have to.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,244 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't forget to stash Liras for the big holiday coming up...

CaliforniaWoman42, Very good idea. Be prepared for the Turkish Holidays.

enigma...

Seattle...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't forget to stash Liras for the big holiday coming up...

Enigma I am caught in Istanbul in need of receiving a Western Union transfer during the holiday. Is that possible anywhere outside of a bank or post office ?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,244 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't forget to stash Liras for the big holiday coming up...

Jacob, I do not think so. PTT Offices are your best bet. "westernunion.com.tr/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do…". (Use PTT for agent name).

enigma...

Edited: 15 October 2013, 21:59
4. Re: Don't forget to stash Liras for the big holiday coming up...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:18