We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Turkey

Hyderabad, India
8 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Turkey

Hello there,

Me and my fiance are planning our honeymoon in Turkey in March 2014. Date would be most probably from 7th March to 15th March.

We both are found of culture, history , beaches and good food and as per my research on Turkey, I found that Turkey can offer us exactly what we are looking for but how shall we start? Like hotels, Transportation, cost and etc.

We want to visit Istanbul for history and culture , Antalya for beaches and some quality time and Cappadocia for Balloon ride. :) (Little Adventure).

After spending time in Turkey we want to fly to Greece for Athens and Santorini.

So need expert advice on the below points,

* How is weather in Turkey in March

* What would it cost us for a nice honeymoon in Turkey.

* As we don't speak Turkish, Would it cause any hassles.

* Mode of Transportation to commute between the cities.

* Is Istanbul, Antalya and Capadocia a good choice as per our interest mentioned here.

* Is 5 nights enough to explore these 3 cities.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Take Care.

Edited: 13 November 2013, 19:55
Brooklyn
Level Contributor
39 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

You are planning what were basically my last two vacations!

As for the cost of a trip to Turkey: I was able to find hotel rooms that ranged from $60-115, depending on the city, and they were all of a pretty decent value; in fact, most were Lonely Planet Top Choices! We also found that flying between cities wasn't too expensive, with tickets ranging from $50-150. We took a bus from Ephesus to Pamukkale for <$20/person. I think Istanbul is an amazing city that I could probably spend another full week in, but I think 3 days would be good to take in a lot of the sights, food and culture. Cappadocia needs 2 days. I can't speak to the beaches at Antalya, but I think the beaches in Bodrum were pretty nice (not the best), but if you can take a day-long boat cruise, you'll find these beautiful, remote coves to swim in. I know that Fethiye is supposed to have great beaches as well.

Also, don't worry about not speaking Turkish; almost everywhere we went had English-speaking waiters, shopkeepers, front desk personnel, etc. Just learn "please", "thank you", and some food/drink related words, and you'll be all set.

Have fun!

Hyderabad, India
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

Thank you for your valuable suggestions... :)

Can anyone help me with the best beach resort in Antalya... and how is the weather in Turkey in March .

Will it be chilling cold?

Many Thanks

Shruti

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

March is not beach weather here in Turkey I'm afraid.Antalya would offer you the best chance of good weather but even here no guarantees as it could easily be raining and blowing gales.

With so little time you could just stay in Istanbul as there is so much to see.But if you really want to see somewhere else then do 3 Istanbul and 2 Cappadocia and forget about beaches.

If you do this then given your short time I would recommend flying between Istanbul and Kayseri to save time.If you can get evening flights both ways then so much the better to keep daytime for sight seeing.

Can you cut down your time in Greece to give you extra time in Turkey?This is a huge country with such a lot to see-and a brilliant place for a honeymoon.

Congratulations!

Hyderabad, India
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

Thank you sarikanarya for your wonderful feedback.

As me and my partner, we both are not very much into swimming and sun tanning.

Beach resort or beaches are just meant for the beautiful view and the admiration of the nature for us. We really don't want to soak our selves there. We both prefer having a nice cup of coffee along with lavish Turkish Breakfast on any of the best Beach resort's Terrace along with a calm and peaceful walk along the sea side.

We are basically not into adventure and will not prefer to swim with dolphins , so I guess this season can offer me some nice resorts in reasonable price as there will be lesser nr of tourist as as per your advice, march is not the beach time.

What do you say? Any idea for good Resorts in Antalya?

Many Thanks

Shruti

Edited: 14 November 2013, 13:01
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

Have a look through the hotel review section for hotels in Kaleiçi.This is the old Ottoman quarter of the city,interesting,quaint,picturesque and close by the sea front.There are many lovely,intimate boutique hotels there to choose from which would be very nice for a honeymooning couple.

If you would rather have a large all inclusive resort style hotel then these are mainly found along the Lara Beach area of the city just to the east of the main city centre.Antalya DE,Toady has stayed in many of these and would be able to advise you which would most suit you.

How good that you do NOT want to swim with dolphins!I notice you are from India and I must say how much I totally applaud your government for banning captive dolphins and dolphin shows.

India is so often regarded as a 3rd world country yet you have shown the so-called modern western world what compassion to animals really means.Well done!

Sorry,I know that's a bit off topic but I had to mention it.

BTW,when you are in Istanbul keep an eye out for the dolphins in the Bosphorus,there are many of them living there :)

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
39 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

I know this is a Turkey forum, but if you're into amazing views, then you will definitely love Santorini! If you can manage to take a ferry in, you'll have a captivating view of the island and its unique geology.

Hyderabad, India
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

Thank you so much Sarikanarya... :)

Thanks all for your valuable time and feedback.

Cheers

8. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:19