We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to plan a relaxing summer holiday for 2014, no crowds

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Want to plan a relaxing summer holiday for 2014, no crowds

Hi there,

I have heard a lot of glowing stuff by about turkey as a gorgeous place to holiday. I am thinking of a summer holiday there with my partner. But don't have a clue about the country and need some advise. Many thanks in advance!

Would like:

- prefer to avoid masses and masses of tourists if possible

- not travel a lot, have one base for a few days , maximum two bases from which to spend two separate chunks of time

- some days relaxing in the sun by the sea

- gentle walks (my partner has RA and a back problem so cant do hikes etc.)

- possibly explore Istanbul a bit ( should we stay there, or can we base elsewhere and drive for the day)

- explore some of the other famous historical/cultural sites

- any other tips and advice

Would be very grateful for ideas on itineraries, cities/towns to stay, hotels/B&Bs/resorts (mid range) and even the best times to avoid the throngs!

Once again than you.

1. Re: Want to plan a relaxing summer holiday for 2014, no crowds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:17