I have heard a lot of glowing stuff by about turkey as a gorgeous place to holiday. I am thinking of a summer holiday there with my partner. But don't have a clue about the country and need some advise. Many thanks in advance!
- prefer to avoid masses and masses of tourists if possible
- not travel a lot, have one base for a few days , maximum two bases from which to spend two separate chunks of time
- some days relaxing in the sun by the sea
- gentle walks (my partner has RA and a back problem so cant do hikes etc.)
- possibly explore Istanbul a bit ( should we stay there, or can we base elsewhere and drive for the day)
- explore some of the other famous historical/cultural sites
- any other tips and advice
Would be very grateful for ideas on itineraries, cities/towns to stay, hotels/B&Bs/resorts (mid range) and even the best times to avoid the throngs!
Once again than you.