We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya

Bangalore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya

Hey all,

We are trying to cover three places - Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya (including Pammukale) in 9 days. That is 3 + 2 + 3 days and one day for travelling. (17/01/2014-26/01/2016)

We hope to take a flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia. And cover on road by bus from Cappadocia via Antalya, Pammukale and back to Istanbul.

We would like to know:

1. Is Pamukkale open during this time of the year? January 3rd week?

2. Is Antalya worth including or is it too much travel and less of seeing? What are the activities that are open around Antalya at this time of the year? Is it a foolish question to ask if I could try scuba diving in january in Turkey?

Or should we just cover 2 places like Istanbul, Cappaducia and a day trip to Pamukkale?

Any help and suggestions welcome... What precautions about the weather? and rain...

Regards,

Ash

UK

Edited: 22 December 2013, 20:50
Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya

Hi. I don't understand why you've had no answers yet. I think swimming is out of the question, even in Antalya. Anyway, I'm not sure what (legal) scuba diving is available there.

I would suggest perhaps flying from Cappadocia to Izmir - a night in Selcuk (Ephesus), then train to Denizli for Pamukkale. Or bus wherever.

Hoping you'll get more advice...

los angeles
Level Contributor
498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya

I have only been on the Turkish coast in summer and planning another summer visit. Can't imagine there is much to do there in January. You could write one of the year round hotels and ask. But you are trying to do way too much. For such a short trip why not concentrate on two destinations?

Bangalore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya

Robert, Alison,

Thanks for your replies. You may be right. We are trying to cover too many things in a short time. We might take a flight from Cappadocia to Izmir (Ephesus) and then to Istanbul

Regards,

Ash

4. Re: Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 07:18