We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey First Timers

Morayshire...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Turkey First Timers

Hi!

I've never been to Turkey before and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Arcadia Golf Resort in Belek as my husband and myself are going in 2 weeks with our 14 year old daughter.

I wasn't too sure about what currency to take with us, but I think that we are going to take Sterling. Anyone got any tips or advice about the currency?

I'm hoping to grab myself some ''designer'' bargains whilst there too? Do you get these at markets, or do shops sell them too?

Really looking forward to my first Turkish holiday!!!!

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey First Timers

Markets and shops sell the fake's some better quality than others, you will be fine with sterling and some turkish lira.

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey First Timers

If I were you I would spend my time and money in OLD Antalya where you can get really good price of course if you know how to bargain.

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdeniz

Morayshire...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey First Timers

How far away is Old Antalya from Belek? Thanks for your tips and comments. I really appreciate them. x

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey First Timers

Hi,

Antalya is around 20-25 minutes car ride from Belek, you can get the 'designer' clothes from any shop in Belek or Kadriye(cheaper in Kadriye) I used to take Euro's but had a problem paying for high value gods so now I just have Lira and my bank card.

They have a market in Belek on Saturday morning,I think its on a thurs in Kadriye and also tue night.

5. Re: Turkey First Timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 14:18