We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Godstone, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

Please all be aware that from April 2014, you will need to purchase your Turkish visa before you travel.

Do not rely on your travel agent to inform you or try to purchase once you get there..

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

and only use the offical website

e-Visa - Republic of Turkey Electronic Visa Application System

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/‎

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
407 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

and remember not every nationality requires a visa...pays to check online , only takes a minute

Bagshot, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

I am a british citizen and am going to Istanbul in 2 weeks time. I have been on the official visa website and followed the procedure (it only offers Turkish republic of Northern Cyprus) and it tells me I don't need a visa.

Has anyone else from the uk had to obtain a visa?

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

You will need to put in the UK as its where you are coming from and where your passport was issued,not where you are going too,as its a Turkish website they know you are wanting to visit Turkey.Hope this helps.

Wendy

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

You haven't followed the correct web site in that case.A British passport holder is required to buy a visa.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

This is the ONLY official Turkish government web site.Other similar web sites are private agency companies who charge the earth!

Bagshot, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Yes, that's the one I followed. I think the problem is not being able to choose Turkey as my destination. It doesn't give me that option.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

As I have just said in my other post,its where you are coming from and where your passport is issued,so you put in the UK,not your destinationTurkey,,we did ours fine in June and used it again in September..

Wendy

Edited: 18 October 2014, 16:21
Bagshot, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

Done it. Thank you

9. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2015, 06:20