We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on Saving Money and Time on Your Trip

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Topic
Tips on Saving Money and Time on Your Trip

Hi,

I was wondering if you could share any good advice or tips on how to save money and time during a visit to to Turkey for first time or clueless travelers (like me!)

Here are some I've found whilst researching:

- IstanbulKart: If in Istanbul, purchasing an IstanbulKart will save time and money during travel within the city.

- MuzePass: This pass will allow you to bypass the long lines for some attractions in Istanbul.

- Flying: There happen to be very cheap flights from one city to another within Turkey. Pegasus and other local airlines sometimes offer airfare tickets cheaper than buses. They also happen to be much faster!

- TurkeyTravelPlanner.com: this seems to be the go to website when looking for information about...anything! I would also suggest looking through the TA forums for answers - it was very useful for me!

Please share any advice/tips that you may have. I'm eager to put them into practice myself when I travel! I would really appreciate advice from the experts!

Thank you!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,491 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips on Saving Money and Time on Your Trip

Don't eat and drink where the tourists eat,eat where the locals eat.

Make use of public transport in whichever town you are before using taxi's.

Don't be afraid of street food,it makes a cheap,safe tasty lunch on the move.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips on Saving Money and Time on Your Trip

Do not buy organized tours. DIY! And walk as much as you can.

3. Re: Tips on Saving Money and Time on Your Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18