We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need advice on planned itinerary..train or car or Bus

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
need advice on planned itinerary..train or car or Bus

We are a family of 2 adults & 2 kids. Planning about 4 days in Istanbul, then fly into Kayseri. Spend 2 days there & then fly into Izmir. From Izmir airport, plan to rent a car & then drive around next 9 days driving Izmir- Selcuk- Pamukkale- Kas- Dalyan-Kusadasi-Izmir. Then fly back from Izmir to Istanbul & back to Mumbai.

I understand that there are buses to go along the route we will be driving, but I thought with kids & some luggage , it might be tough to get to the particular hotels & the beaches we wish to visit. Yes, the car rental with fuel works out expensive.

Want to have your opinion, if public transport would be good instead of car & is there a train option? Kids are aged 8 & 5 , so patience levels are a little low :)

Also, found that most flights are via Istanbul, so increases the time taken & also the cost.

Regards

Smitha

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need advice on planned itinerary..train or car or Bus

hi Smitha,

welcome to the forums..If I where you ı would do the trip in this direction..arrive Istanbul..fly to Nevsehir airport ( closer for cappadocia ( stay 3 nights ) ..fly from Nevsehir airport with Anadolu Jet airlines to Antalya. Starting on April 30th there will be direct flights 5 times a week from Nevsehir airport to Antalya airport .

pick up the car there at the airport and drive along the coast stopping off at Cirali, Kas, & Dalyan ( yes you can also travel with the buses )

here is the bus timetable

http://www.batiantalyatur.net/?pnum=21&pt=Antalya-Fethiye%20(Sahilden)

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

After Dalyan drive/bus to Selcık instead of Kusadasi and visit Ephesus..

there are no trains along the coast

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need advice on planned itinerary..train or car or Bus

Thanks for the ideas..flight between Antalya to nevshir is good to know.

Any reason u ask me to skip kusadasi? It's for my daughters 8th birthday visit to adaland..supposed to be very good and very well reviewed.

If we drive from Antalya till Izmir and proceed to eupheus and pamukalle, then is the only way to get back to Istanbul from Izmir? I will need to drive back from pamukkale to Izmir and fly to Istanbul?

Regards

Smitha

3. Re: need advice on planned itinerary..train or car or Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19