We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey in March 2014

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey in March 2014

My family with two children is planning to visit some key places in Turkey as per the following itinerary:

Day 0: Land in Istanbul Sabiha Airport (10 PM) and checkin to the nearest hotel

Day 1: Catch morning flight to reach Cappadocia through Kayseri and hire a car to explore the place

Day 2 : Baloon tour in morning and other places during rest of the day.

Day 3 : See remaining places in Cappadocia. Catch afternoon flight to Denizli via Istanbul so as to reach Pamukkale same night.

Day 4 : Visit Pamukkale and nearby places

Day 5 : Fly to Istanbul in morning. Visit Mini-Turkey, Blue Mosque, Topakapi Palace, Hagia Sofia

Day 6 : Visit to Princess Island

Day 7 : Take Bosphorous Tour and Grand Bazaar. Take an evening ferry to reach Uludag in night via Bursa

Day 8 : Spend full day in Uludag

Day 9 : Spend Half a day in Uludag and return back to Istanbul

Day 10 : Spend full day in Istanbul and cover remaining places such as Teksim Square, Ishtiklal Street, Galata Tower etc. and catch the night flight from Sabiha Airport

Please suggest if this plan is a good one or if too hectic or we are missing out some very good places in Turkey. Do we need to add 1-2 days more to this trip?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey in March 2014

Seems like you've done your research and it is a good plan.

Are you going to Uludag to ski? If not also make sure to visit the mosques, tombs and other sites in Bursa as well as the Grand bazaar & Koza han.

It doesn't seem hectic. If you could add another day or two in Istanbul it would be better.

Whilst in Pamukkale might also check out the nearby Afrodisias.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Aphrodisias

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g191871…

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey in March 2014

Sounds like a very rich and doable itinerary. Please note that the children are not allowed to the baloons in Capadocia.

It will be a wonderful 10 days trip and I am sure you will have a great time in Turkey.

Be excited,

Borus

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey in March 2014

Thanks a lot RosmeN & Borus for your valuable suggestions and I will try and manage to visit these as well. Baloon ride is one of the attraction everyone in our family was excited about. My younger child will be 4.5 years old that time so I don't know whether she may not be allowed.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey in March 2014

NitinNahar, your child is too young for the ballon ride. S/he will not be allowed. I think it is 6 years if I am not mistaken.

5. Re: Turkey in March 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:18