We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temperatures in 1st week of May

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Water temperatures in 1st week of May

I am looking to visit Kas, dalyan & Kusadasi during the first week of May. Intend to spend lots of time in the water & at the water parks. I am travelling with 2 kids. Being from a tropical country myself, my concern is regarding the temperature of water in the early part of May. Would it be still too cold to be comfortable in the mediteranean sea? Would hate it that we come all the way & then are'nt able to swim in the waters!

Please advise..

Regards

Smitha

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temperatures in 1st week of May

As no one can predict the weather patterns..the sea temps will be about 20-22 C.. throughout the year the sea temperature ranges between 15 °C (59 °F) and 28 °C (82 °F).

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temperatures in 1st week of May

Compared to tropical waters it will seem quiet cold in the beginning of May. I have swam in the sea and pools that time of year but I think my children would find it chilly. Later on in the year the sea and pools warm up more.

3. Re: Water temperatures in 1st week of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17