We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for two weeks in Turkey ???

Strathaven, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for two weeks in Turkey ???

Hi

After much reading and cross referencing, I have come up with an itinerary for two weeks in Turkey in July 2014. We don't want to rush things but do want to see as much as we can. What we are thinking of doing is:

Fly to Istanbul, then spend 3 nights to take in as much as we can in Istanbul;

then fly to Cappadocia to stay in Goreme for 4 nights, followed by flight to Izmir to travel to Selcuk for 6 nights to take in Ephesus, Parmakkale and Pergamon. Finally return to Istanbul (flight from Izmir) for 1 night for last look at Istanbul then home.

I would be grateful for any comments on whether this is OK and whether 6 nights in Selcuk is too long. All advice welcome.

Thanks

Elaine

Brisbane
Level Contributor
95 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for two weeks in Turkey ???

Hi Elaine

You can check my post for our 13 days itinerary in Turkey. We are also still planning but I think your sounds very similar.

"Final itinerary - have I got it right?"

Cheers

Vikki

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for two weeks in Turkey ???

Yes Rowanlea, 6 night is Selcuk is pretty long, also 4 days in Göreme is one day too much (hot hot hot in July!)

I would say:

Istanbul 3 nights,

Göreme 3 nights

Selcuk 3 nights

and considering you prefer to fly between places go for 3 more nights to Cesme possibly...

Good luck!

3. Re: Itinerary for two weeks in Turkey ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23