We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Me Choose

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help Me Choose

I am planning to visit Turkey soon and am torn between Marmaris,Bodrum,Kusadasi and Cesme.Please help me choose two out of the four places.I am more of a party animal an am keen to explore the nightlife but would also like to visit Ephesus.Ephesus is closer from which one?

Pub Crawl Istanbul
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Night Tours
Piano Bar Selimiye
Jazz Clubs & Bars, Bars & Clubs, Piano Bars
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Me Choose

Ephesus is closer to Kusadasi and Cesme but is still reachable from Bodrum and Marmaris.

Cesme is not really a party resort, it is smaller and quieter than the other places so if you want to be close to Ephesus maybe Kusadasi would be the best choice.

Marmaris is the biggest and busiest resort and is very much the place to go for party goers but is very British oriented, it is also the furthest from Ephesus. Bodrum is more international and a bit classier.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Me Choose

Thank You.

I would also like to ask whether Bodrum has a nightlife scene or not?

I think I want to give it a shot..

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Me Choose

It might sound a bit silly but I have planned my itinerary as:

One night in Marmaris

The next day Marmaris to Pamukkale(just to see the spring)and then to Bodrum

Three nights in Bodrum

Two nights in Kusadasi(Ephesus included)

One night in Cesme

One night in Alacati

Is it workable?

Plus is it worthwhile to stay in Izmir or should I simply take the flight to Istanbul?

Before heading to Marmaris I have two nights in Antalya..Is it ample?

One night in Konya,Two in Cappadocia,One in Ankara.

Is it working anyways?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Me Choose

Bodrum does have good nightlife.

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Me Choose

if you want to party.. i would recommend Marmaris a large party town, then Bodrum (gumbet area), last of all is Kusadasi for this. Maybe Bodrum is a good idea so you are also close to the attractions you want to visit...

6. Re: Help Me Choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18