We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help... Can't get chip and pin in US

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Help... Can't get chip and pin in US

Traveling to Turkey in September and I can't find a credit card with Chip and Pin in the US!! Anyone know if the older style magnetic strip cards are still working everywhere or will they except chip and signature ?? Any information will help!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help... Can't get chip and pin in US

<<Anyone know if the older style magnetic strip cards are still working everywhere<<<<

yes the old style magnetic strip cards do still work in most if not all places in turkey..but have a back up plan just in case

also have a read here and scroll down

creditcardforum.com/blog/…

there are credit cards with chip and pin available

https:/…chip-pin-cards

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help... Can't get chip and pin in US

Thanks for the links... I read that earlier and it seems the US is only offering chip and signature ( not true chip and pin ). Nice to know my old style card with the strip MAY work. Wondering if ANYONE from the US has found a chip and pin?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help... Can't get chip and pin in US

Hi and you are welcome.. Also try to post your question in the Istanbul forums as there are many regulars from the US that might be able to help you with your question

4. Re: Help... Can't get chip and pin in US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 06:15