We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 free days - what to do?

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
3 free days - what to do?

Experts and fellow traveller, i hope i can get some advice.

I have 3 free days (in May) after cappadocia, before i need to be back in istanbul to catch my flight.

I do like to check out pamukkale - is it possible for me to rent a car from Antalya then drop it off in Denizli? (cuz i want to drive by the coast from Antalya to Fethiye for a change of scenary...)

Or shall i catch a bus to Denizli directly from Cappadocia? Then spend a couple days around izmir??

Do you have any suggestions? I do like the beach :)

Thanks.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 free days - what to do?

<<<is it possible for me to rent a car from Antalya then drop it off in Denizli? (cuz i want to drive by the coast from Antalya to Fethiye for a change of scenary...)<<<

yes it is but do be advised that there will probably be an extra drop off fee if you leave at a different location

İf you like the beach some of the best beaches are from Antalya to Fethiye

Here are some great places to visit south west from Antalya - Phaselis, Cirali, Myra, Kekova, Kas, Kalkan, Xanthos, Patara, Telmessos, Fethiye, Oludeniz, and Kayakoy.

Along the Antalya coastline..always a car is preferred..but the local buses are cheap and available..

plenty of great beaches on the med.

www.turkeytravelplanner.com/special/beach/

bestbeachesinturkey.com/best-beaches-in-anta…

telegraph.co.uk/travel/bestbeaches/7634792/B…

a few places come to mind...perhaps Dalyan, Cirali, Patara and Side just to mention a few.

many beaches in Turkey are shingle beaches with mixes of sand and pebbles. There are only a few real sandy beaches..like Patara, Lara beach, Belek and Side..but for beautiful scenery and clear beaches many shingle beaches are better in my opinion.

some of the best beaches are from Antalya - Fethiye

worldreviewer.com/info/best-beach-turkey.html

tripguideturkey.com/the-5-best-beaches-in-tu…

If you are looking for a small resort you could look at Cirali as a quiet alternative for the 3 days and then go back to antalya to catch a bus to Denizli

It has a stunning beach, lush forests..an idyllic, concrete-free paradise, and sparkling clear seas. The Cirali Beach is also a rare opportunity to visit one of the Med’s few remaining nesting sites for loggerhead turtles.

you could also do 2 nights in Cirali and then 1 night in Fethiye before taking a bus or drive to Pamukkale

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

hope this helps a bit to get you started in planning

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 free days - what to do?

Thank you canmom very much for the information. I am arriving in Antalya by bus from Goreme on a Tuesday morning and have to be back to Istanbul latest by Saturday morning to catch my 2pm flight.

So i am thinking to pick up the car in the morning in Antalya, drive to Fethiye and stay over night there, next day drive to Denizli and visit Pamukkale in the afternoon then try to cath the overnight bus to Istanbul...

It is kinda short but i still wanna do it. My problem is that i cannot find a car rental company that accept drop off at Denizli... The only one i found is called "justrentacar" http://carrentalantalyaa.com/. Is it a legit car rental company? Reliable??

Anyone can recommend car rentals?

Many Thanks!!

3. Re: 3 free days - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:16