We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey

The family and I want to go to Turkey in late August and wanted to know whether to go B&B or HB-not sure if eating at restaurants outside of hotels is a cheaper option. Any ideas?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey

I prefer B&B Jane, this gives you the freedom to choose where you wish to eat rather being stuck in a hotel. You haven't said which resort you wish to go to, but most resorts have a huge choice of good restaurants. I recommend you look at Oludeniz, it's a small resort, scenicly beautiful and makes for a great family holiday. It's close to Fethiye which is a wonderful town with lot's to see and do.

turkeysforlife.com/p/10-fethiye-must-sees-do…

https://www.tinyakropol.com/details.asp?id=53

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey

For me part if the holiday is going ou and eating in nice restaurants so for that reason I would choose b&b too.

Do you have any idea where you are planning in staying?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey

plenty of great beaches on the med.

www.turkeytravelplanner.com/special/beach/

bestbeachesinturkey.com/best-beaches-in-anta…

telegraph.co.uk/travel/bestbeaches/7634792/B…

a few places come to mind...perhaps Dalyan, Cirali, Patara and Side just to mention a few.

many beaches in Turkey are shingle beaches with mixes of sand and pebbles. There are only a few real sandy beaches..like Patara, Lara beach, Belek and Side..but for beautiful scenery and clear beaches many shingle beaches are better in my opinion.

some of the best beaches are from Antalya - Fethiye

worldreviewer.com/info/best-beach-turkey.html

many factors will determine which resort you wish to visit first being which airport to fly into. Dalaman, Antalya, or Bodrum

If you are looking for a small resort you could look at Cirali as a quiet alternative....stunning beach, lush forests..an idyllic, concrete-free paradise, and sparkling clear seas. The Cirali Beach is also a rare opportunity to visit one of the Med’s few remaining nesting sites for loggerhead turtles.

Top 10 hotels in Turkey for families

theguardian.com/travel/2014/may/22/top-10-ho…

Check out the best family hotels in Turkey with the new 2014 Travellers Choice Wwards

the best TOP 25 HOTELS FOR FAMILIES — TURKEY

tripadvisor.co.uk/TravelersChoice-Hotels-cFa…

you will notice that there are many listed for Antalya, Belek, Side, and Kemer amongst many other locations in Turkey worth mentioning

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey

Not sure which resort we will be staying in. For sure we don't want to be in a very, very quiet place. Somewhere close to places to visit and waterparks-if there are any? for my 16 year old daughter. Also to be close to restaurants would be nice.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkey

Maybe Bitez would suit you. It is quiet but there are plenty of restaurants and it has a great atmosphere, a nice beach and it is close to Bodrum and Gümbet so you can go for a day or an evening. There is a waterpark not far away too.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkey

You could also look at Icmeler and Oludeniz in the Dalaman area,,both tick your boxes what you are looking for...I would also choose B/B.

Wendy

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkey

<<<For sure we don't want to be in a very, very quiet place. Somewhere close to places to visit and waterparks-if there are any? for my 16 year old daughter.<<

then forget about Cirali as there are no water parks..No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Small shops and supermarkets, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out.

then check out Lara beach hotels, Belek, Side and Kemer as most of them have thier own waterparks..you probably want to look at a all-inclusive holiday..another note..outside of the hotels on the lara beach strip there is not much available as most tend not to leave the hotel

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkey

Hello all, the family and I want to visit Turkey sometime in April 2015. Is it safe to go there now?

9. Re: Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2016, 05:15