We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Turkey

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Turkey

Hello,

We are looking to honeymoon in Turkey this August and though we're booked to spend half our time in Oludeniz and the other half in Istanbul, but I'm a bit torn on the first part of the trip.

We have about 5 days for the first half, we are in our early 30s, want to be close to a beautiful sandy beach, with access to water sports, great excursions some good entertainment and night life, great restaurants and some historical sites. Our budget is about $2,000.

Is Oludeniz a good place for all these, any other areas you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Liz

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

I think Olu Deniz is a good choice. There are lovely beaches around although not all of them are sandy. I'm not sure about water sports. It's generally a great location because of all the surrounding places you can visit like Kayakoy (old abandoned Greek village), Kabak (amazing hike down to the beach, hippy vibe), historical sights. You could rent a car for a day and go to Patara beach, which is lovely, and some of the ancient sights.

2. Re: Honeymoon in Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:16