We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet part of Turkey?

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet part of Turkey?

Hi,

I want to go to Turkey in August with my 68 year old mum and 11 year old son so don't want a resort that's club 18-30 ish but don't want it so far from anything that we're isolated.

I've looked for hours and still don't know which part suits our needs.

I want all inclusive but somewhere within reach of a beach and some shops.

Thanks,

J

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

Dalyan

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

Hi kachika..do some of the Dalyan hotels do all inclusive now ?? to get to the beach of Dalyan you need to take a boat or bus to reach the beach

many factors will determine which resort you wish to visit first being which airport to fly into. Dalaman, Antalya, or Bodrum

Maybe also look at Olu Deniz, Side perhaps Kemer, Belek, and Lara beach..or some of the resorts around Bodrum

plenty of great beaches on the med.

www.turkeytravelplanner.com/special/beach/

bestbeachesinturkey.com/best-beaches-in-anta…

some of the best beaches are from Antalya - Fethiye

worldreviewer.com/info/best-beach-turkey.html

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

Oh I didn't see the all inclusive requirement. I just thought about my Mum who is of a similar age and think Dalyan would be a good choice. Near to the airport, yes you have to travel a bit to get to the beach but being by the river is lovely. It's also really nice to swim in the fresh water lake.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

August is the hottest time of the year so I would go for somewhere along the western Aegean coast.Here there is always a nice sea breeze to take the edge off the heat and there isn't the humidity one finds on the south coast either.Unless your Mum is a heat and sunshine fiend(LOL) she may find this more comfortable,probably your young son too.

If you think that say,Kuşadası,the biggest resort along that coast may be a bit too full on for you then take a look at Çeşme.The peninsula is lovely with plenty to do and some lovely beaches.You would fly into Izmir airport for this.

The DE for Çeşme,Dande, has lived there for many years and will be able to give you more info or you can check out some of his posts which are full of info.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

Hi again kachika,

If the poster did not want all-inclusive there are more alternatives..such as Patara, Kas, Cirali, and other smaller resorts..Cirali has accommodations all within walking distance of the beautiful beach , in Patara you have to walk a slight distance to the beach and Kas has a very small beach however great for scuba diving.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,736 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

I agree with Canmom, going Ai is going to restrict you as a lot of the nicer, quieter resorts don't have AI hotels. If you would consider going b&b there are some lovely resorts on the Bodrum Peninsula you could consider like Gundogan, Yalikavak, Gumusluk or Ortakent but I don't think there are any AI hotels in these places.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

There are a number of hotels in Gundogan small and large both AI and other boards. Baia Bodrum and Istanbul palace are AI and I think also smaller hotels like Costa Farilya , Oliera , Cennet etc

There are also lots of villas and apartments to rent and it is a lovely resort with lots of restaurants , water sports , dolmus to Bodrum and other towns , weekly market but no 18-30 bar street scene. I have a house there so know this area well so please ask any questions you may have. If you prefer to have more Brits around have a look at Yalikavak as it would also meet your requirement.

8. Re: Quiet part of Turkey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16