We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outdoor gym

california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
outdoor gym

hi,

i am a young bodybuilder from venice beash california. i workout at the local muscle beach gym, which is outdoors. i will be moving to Istanbul, Turkey soon to study abroad at bogazici university. i was wondering if their are any outdoor gyms in istanbul just like the one here in venice beach, california. I really enjoy working out outdoors. So, if their are any outdoor gyms in istanbul, that would be great. please reply back a.s.a.p.

Thank you for your time

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outdoor gym

Hi there,

Bogazici University have good sports grounds like running tracks and a lot of outdoor space such as woods, etc. You may be able to exercise there. Apart form that I cannot recall a dedicated outdoor gym. Belgrade Forest has a hilly and very pleasant jogging circuit of 7km around a small lake that has exercising areas, and the waterfront by the sea of Marmara on the asian side close to the baghdad street may be a good place to jog and exercise.

Hope this helps.

Kozano.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outdoor gym

Hi Dalu: sorry, I have never heard of one in Istanbul. But as Kozano says the uuniversity has sports facilities that you can use.

Glad you are coming to study in my beloved Istanbul. You'll have a great experience. Anything else you need, just ask. Happy Weekend, LemonLady

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outdoor gym

Hi Dalu,

All along the Sea of Marmara are many area's with work out equipment. But you have to go to the Asian side for this.

This is also the best place for jogging, or cycling, for miles and miles!

Only on sundays it is busy and these work out equipment might be used.

Go and check it out, this place is all newly renovated and just great!

Cheers!

4. Re: outdoor gym

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 08:28