We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Turkey

South Africa
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Turkey

Hi

My name Karri

Sorry in advance for long enquiry

We are trying to organise our honeymoon to turkey from south africa

We have been given

Stay in Istanbul

At Askoc hotel quoted at 200 dollars 3 nights

At Izmir Konak hotel 210 dollars 2nights

At Kusadasi Grand Onder hotel 110 dollars 2nights

At Fetiye Tropicana 2nights 110 dollars

We tried to look it up and cannot seem to gauge if these are good does anyone have an idea or other hotel suggestions

We looking for nice beautiful accomodation unique and even a unique unusual suggestion

sinola.rajaram@gmail.com

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

Hi have you read these previous posts about Honeymoons in Turkey??

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k9220…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k9302…

Actually there is lots and if you do a search in the fourms under ''Honeymoon'' you will find lots of great information and ideas.

Congratulations bye the way.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

hello.. i love this forum..its great to get advice from unbiased experts!

we will be coming for our honeymoon in begining of april..please advise if the weather is suitable in early april.

i would also appreciate some help on the itinerary..

5 days in istanbul--central palace hotel

4 days in belek--adam n even hotel

now i am thinking of adding another city.. i was thinking of cappadocia..but my fiance wanted a relaxing peaceful honeymoon.. any suggestions please?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,950 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

Hi Karri,

Congratulations. A tour of Turkey is an excellent choice for honeymoon. Now Askoc for Istanbul gets very poor reviews,

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293974-d310…

Izmir konak gets decent reviews but reviews are old,

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298006-d299…

Greand Onder Kusadasi has a few really mixed reviews,

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297972-d304723…

Fethiye Tropicana has some forum discussions and mostly favorable:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312737-i9292-k118…

Bases upon these I would revise my Istanbul and Kusadasi hotels and keep the Izmir and Fethiye Hotels. You can look at different websites for price comparison for the dates you will be here. I use "www.hotelscombined.com" for that purpose.

For your honeymoon, which is a very important phase of life always to be remembered, I would choose in Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Hotel (www.sirkecikonak.com). This hotel in fact is not far from Askoc but is truly a gem of a hotel. It is number one rated by TA in all of Istanbul and you should read all the reviews on this website plus my reviews of it on the forum.(use search button)

In April I would stay in Selcuk rather than Kusadasi for Ephesus visit but simply visit Kusadasi. In fact Nisanyan Evleri in Selcuk is an ideal honeymoon hotel. Here ia a link:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g815366-d312093…

Good Luck in your honeymoon and write us a full trip report afterwards. We would love to read your Turkey experiences.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,996 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

Hi Karri & Naureen

A unique suggestion for both: a cave hotel in Cappadocia, link: http://www.yunak.com/

Alper

Hamburg
Level Contributor
357 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

This is a reply to the post of "PakistanNaureen"

I have been to the "Adam & Eve" hotel in Belek last year. At that time I remember they had a claim (which I believe they have given up in the meantime)to be the "World's sexiest Hotel".

It's indeed a very "in and cool" trendy design hotel but certainly not everybody's taste although it's quite unique.

At that time I did not find the service and the food to be too good.

Belek area is quite nice (beach and forest) but unless you play golf Belek itself (a small village just with shops of fake T shirts and handbags + jewellery stores and a few cafes )has nothing special to offer but you can do very nice trips to Antalya, Aspendos, Side and more.

Also in the evenings you can basically go nowhere as almost all hotels are of this "ALL inclusive" type and consequently nothing has developped outside the hotels.

Early April is also not a month for the beach, the weather can be still quite changable (from rain to temperatures in the mid 20 degrees C.)

This may all sound a bit negative, but I wanted to let you know what to expect in Belek.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

I have looked at the reviews here on TA of the Tropicana in Olu Deniz and I don´t think it sounds what you are looking for. It appears to be All Inclusive - which means it is aimed at tour groups - and people comment it is "more 3 star than 4 star".

If you want to stay in Fethiye / Olu Deniz, why not look at the Oyster Residence - small independent hotel right on the front and beautifully decorated. Or in Fethiye itself - the Ece Saray Hotel.

What time of year are you looking at?

Oh - and congratulations by the way!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,950 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

Hi Pakistannaureen,

You've got a good itenarary. You should not just stay at Adam amd Eve but for two days rent a car in Belek or at your hotel and visit Perge, Aspendos, Side, Manavgat on one day and Antalya, Kemer, Phaselis,Cirali, Olympos on another day. These are 40-70 km trips to the east and west of Belek where Adam and Eve is located. Also take the longest cable ride in Europe to the summit of Mt. Tahtali(2365 m) for a fantastic photo and video opportunity. Entrance to the cable station is close to Phaselis from the main highway.

Both Central Palace and Adam and Eve give daily rates of about 163 Euros for early April. You should read the reviews for both of these hotels at the TA hotel review section. These reviews are mixed but my impression is that both are fine and expensive hotels. However this is just an impression as I have not stayed at either of them but only seen them from outside.

Have a great honeymoon,

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

Sorry - have just realised the original poster has no doubt long been married and had her honeymoon!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,950 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

I realized I made the same mistake. I think each poster, if not answering a question, should create their own topic instead of attaching themselves to someoneelse's thread.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Turkey

just an update...I visited Tahatli mountian yesterday with my children..here are just a few shots...

flickr.com/photos/…