We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi guys, I'm back!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hi guys, I'm back!

Hi everyone,

I came back home from wonderful Istanbul just three hours ago, and I thought first thing I'd write a quick post to thank you all for the valuable information I received here, which allowed me and my parents to have a great time during our trip (don't worry, I'm not too tired; it was just a 2,15 hours flight, with no jet-lag); it was actually one of our best holidays ever.

I'll write an extensive trip report in the following days (be prepared: it's going to be very long and detailed!), but what I'd like to remark now - in case the "safety concern" issue is still around - is that we never felt unsafe for a second, in any place we visited; we loved, instead, mingling with Turks in off-the-beaten-path places where we seemed to be the only tourists around, and were very impressed with how polite and friendly people were (I mean: common people: sellers and restaurants touts, sometimes, bothered us a little bit).

Oh, and we loved the food! (Note that we're Italian, so we know our stuff when it comes to food!)

Daily Istanbul Tours
Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Shopping Tours, City Tours
Istanbul Custom Tours-Private Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Istanbul Guided Private Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Chora Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi guys, I'm back!

Hi Dotting, Welcome back and can't wait to read your review. Glad to hear you had a good time!

Jo

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi guys, I'm back!

Hi Dotting, me too can't wait to read !!! So glad that you had a super time... :))

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,211 posts
498 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi guys, I'm back!

HEAVENS, i want to go back myself and experience more of the lovely Turkey....and enjoy

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi guys, I'm back!

Welcome back Dotting. I am so happy that you and your parents enjoyed my beloved Istanbul. Can't wait to read your trip report and thanks for "safety" mention. It's important that travelers realize this. LemonLady

Italy
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi guys, I'm back!

Ciao DottIng,

non vedo l'ora di leggere il tuo racconto e grazie per la citazione sulla sicurezza!!!

Un futuro viaggiatore

Gigi

Can't wait to read your trip report and thanks for "safety" mention.

A future traveller

Gigi

6. Re: Hi guys, I'm back!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 22:17