We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Hi Guys: here's what Kozano and LemonLady did in New York City last week.

I met Kozano at her hotel and we proceded to go up to 5th Avenue and visit the International Jewelers Exchange. This is a large area which has many jewelery vendors and exquisite jewelry. So we looked at a lot of pieces and spoke to some jewelers, two of whom had ties to Turkey.. We made note of the pieces we liked and then proceded to walk downtown to 42 Street to eat lunch. We ate on the roof of a favorite restaurant of mine called the Bryant Park Cafe. Sitting near us was David Letterman (late night tv show host). It was a lovely day, not too hot and we really enjoyed lunch. We took some pictures together that Kozano will post.

Then we took the subway, Kozano purchased an Akbil (oops also called NYC Metrocard) and went down to the village. Many small, trendy shops there and we looked and Kozano bought some nice things.

The next evening we went to dinner at a lovely restaurant called Le Madeleine and my partner joined us and we discussed film stuff. A

I loved meeting Kozano and I wish I could meet more of you. Pictures coming soon. Happy Day, LemonLady

I am sure Kozano will write a post about her visit here too.

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

LL: I think it's so neat and exciting to finally meet someone you feel like you already know! It sounds like you both had a great time...shopping and eating, what a perfect combination! Looking forward to seeing the pics and reading Kozano's post.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,172 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

how fun for you two..i loved meeting canmom, and now we talk on skype (computer to talk free!!) a bit. i sent a friend of mine from idaho on our same trip, and she brought gifts for carrie and familly. in return, carrie sent us wonderful gifts, from turkey. it is wonderful to meet face to face and hope to meet more of you IN TURKEY...next time, untill then, enjoy

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Hi Charley and Osumom: why don't you guys come to NY. I can't guarantee you'll see Letterman but you will see me. It is exciting to meet fellow forum people. When I first met CanMom and VR I was so excited. It was like I knew them forever. LemonLady

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Who needs Letterman when we have you, LL...not us! I'll get back home eventually, and when I do I'll warn you in advance. ): Right now I'm just counting down the days until Istanbul...we'll be there from 7/10/07 through 7/24/07, which means we'll be there for the election. Should be quite an interesting time.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Hopefully I'll be in Turkey for the elections too. I am not worried. The family is planning to visit the ancient Hittite city of Hattusa which is near Ankara. We have been boning up on our Hittite history which is very interesting. You'll be so happy in Turkey Osumom, I guarantee it. Are you passing through NY? LL

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Hi Guys: Here are the photos of us in NY, Lovely Kozano, handsome Darrell and old LemonLady

tripadvisor.com/…16787404

We all look soooo gooood. . LL

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

What a fine looking trio! Is that one of your lovely Pashmina's, LL? Had to look up Balikli Gol, as I had no idea what it was. (This forum is so educational!) In response to your prior question, we're not passing through NY, we're going Detroit/Paris/Istanbul. If you or any other forumites find yourselves in Istanbul between July 10-24, please look us up at the Armada. Would love to meet all of you.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Hi LL and all,

Yes that is a super photo and it is sooo wonderful to meet up with the members of te TA forums. Like both Charley48 and LL have said I had the great pleasure to meet them both back in Sept of last year and continually have emails and Skype converstaions.

Have also been in contact with Villa Rhapsody with emails and telphone calls and as well the member Faed through messenger service. I value the friendships that I have made over this past year with the many members of the forums and look forward to meeting many more. This is such a great place to meet many people from all over the globe :))

LL, looks like you had a terrific time in NY and hopefully one day I can get there as well. Also maybe even skiing with Charley48 in Sun Valley ...who knows..

Best wishes from Antalya to you all :=)

CanMom

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Hi LemonLady,

you look EXACTLY as I had imagined!!

My best greetings to you and (pretty!) Kozano from sunny hot Milan!

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kozano and LemonLady in New York City

Hi Guys: glad you liked the photo. Osumom, the scarf I am wearing was given to me by a friend of Darrell's and mine and it comes from Uzbekistan. He said that when he saw it he knew I would love it and he was right. Dotting, it's amazing when we get a mind picture of someone and it turns out to be accurate. I have mind pictures of those of you I haven't met yet and wonder how accurate I will be. Happy Day, LemonLady