We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

hı everybody, we arrıved Tuesday nıght and ı'm at a loss for words. ıstanbul ıs so fantastıc and even more beautıful than ı antıcıpated. We love the Armada, had a fun tıme at the cookıng class at the sarnıc and are now on ıstıklal street just explorıng. the people here are the frıendlıest people ı've ever come across. Twıce we have had to ask for dırectıons and both tımes the people we asked actually walked wıth us to where we were tryıng to go. ı now am hesıtatant to ask anybody for dırectıons because ı don't want to ınconvenıence them! ı wıll do a real trıp report ın two weeks...am havıng a hard tıme wıth thıs turkısh keyboard, whıch ıs why there are very few capıtal letters ın thıs. thank you all for all the great advıce and tıps prıor to our trıp...you guys are great.

jo

Ankara
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Hi osumom,

Actually you should use the i with a dot on it, on the keyboard. It should be the second button from the left on the middle row, if you are using the f keyboard (the Turkish keyboard). If you use the i without a dot, such as this: ı then it would look like an i in Turkey, but your friends in the US will see a completely different character. Unfortunately to make things more complicated, if you use capital letters, then all I said above is vice versa...

I hope you will enjoy Turkey more...

Have a very nice trip

Murat

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Hi Jo!

What a nice enthousiastic post!

You know I really wish I was in Istanbul right now and we could meet somewhere! Are you going to be all 2 weeks in Istanbul?

I wish you a very nice stay and if there is anything you still need to know please come to the forum!

ps the i with the dot is left of the comma and return key!

Enjoy yourselves!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Aiiii, Murat, you were quicker than me with the dots!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Hi osumom, I'm in Istanbul right now as well and isn't the weather great!!!

Hope you have a great holiday.

Kozano.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
72 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

I am looking forward to your report. We were supposed to arrive in Istanbul the 8 of November, now it's the 7th for a cruise on the 10. Your enthusiasm makes me even more excited about the extra day! Where are you staying..and please tell me more about the cooking class!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
119 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Great to hear you are enjoying yourself. I know you said you were going in July but somehow it still surprised me to see that you are there already. Time is flying by much quicker this summer than I like.

Enjoy your trip and take good notes for those of us going after you!

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Jo, I have been waiting for this post. Isn't it true? There are simply no words to capture the magic of Istanbul. I know how you feel about asking directions, but do not worry. My Turkish friends tell me that they really take pride in helping us, and that they do not mind stopping to guide us to places we are going. It happened all the time to us in Istanbul, and we actually made a couple of friends this way. It is a great opportunity to interact with the locals, and I do not think a person who is truly in a hurry would feel obligated to stop and help.

Just as there are no words to capture the magic of the city, there are no words to explain the attitude of the people. Are they not terrific???

Drop us a line and share. We are all so jealous! Don't worry about the keyboard. We can figure out what you are saying.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
763 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Hi Osumom,

Happy that you are having a wonderful time there. When we were there the same thing happen, we are for the bus to our area and a nice guy walk with us in rain to the other bus station to ask the conductor for buses that we could take as we found out the bus to our hotel area is already finish for that day. Really it was thoughtful of him.

Cant wait to read your trip report. Have fun.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

Hi osumom,

I was sure you would have a great time in Istanbul, and I'm so envious you're there right now! I am just back from a two-days business trip to Brussels, and it was raining all the time ...

Lucky that weather is perfect in Milan right now.

I'm looking forward to reading more details from your trip!

10. Re: ıstanbul ıs fabulous!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 17:18