We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family trip to Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Family trip to Istanbul

Dear All

Help please in choosing a hotel in Istanbul that will be suitable for a family of 5 with 2 parents,2 males of 26yrs and one female of 18. Suggestions where we might find a hotel with rooms big enough to accomodate all and give some privacy also.

Has anyone stayed in an apartment and would it be a good option while being well placed and not overly expensive?

We are only there for 4 nights so need to be central.

Thanks

Dublinlass

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

If you were staying in a hotel, how many rooms would you want?

Caro

Zagreb
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

@Gonetothedogs - I'm guessing they want just one room ("with rooms big enough to accomodate all").

I don't know much, but that might prove to be tricky to find - apartments just might be your best bet.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,979 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

Hi Dublinlass,

Hotel Empresszoe, which is a favorite of many forumites, has different kinds of suites that will accomodate 5 people. (normally the suites are for a family of 4 but you can request an additional bed). Here is the link:

http://www.emzoe.com/htm/800/rar.php

or you may want to rent an apartment on a daily basis and for that try these links:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1353…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1649…

good luck,

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. I need to be more specific and say we need to stay somewhere with two rooms big enough to take a third person in one of the rooms so we are not falling over each other!

I havent been too successful in finding suitable apartments so I think we will have to stick to hotel rooms.

Unfortunately the Empress Zoe is full. I had tried them myself earlier.

5. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2008, 17:25
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

We are going in December and have booked the family suite at Alaturka Hotel. They had offered to put an extra bed in the triple room for our family of 4, so they should have no problem putting an extra bed in the family suite, and I think it would fit. According to one description, the Alaturka family suite is 2 separate rooms and a small sitting area.

Sebnem Hotel also had a family room, but it was one big room and I can't tell from picture if another bed would fit.

Another option might be the Sultanahmet Suites. They look more like small apartments. Don't include breakfast but does include airport transfers.

good luck

Beth in Dallas

New Zealand
Level Contributor
72 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

Hi,

Check out website for Istanbul Sweet Home.

Can thoougly recommend the people who operate the apartments as being great to deal with.Most on the "European side" but best palce to stay and you can't beat wandering over the Galata bridge

Good luck

New Zealand
Level Contributor
72 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

Also try Galata Residence- and Hali Hotel(On Sultanhamet side) very comfortable

9. Re: Family trip to Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 17:18