We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

galata tower restaurant

San Diego...
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
galata tower restaurant

I am curious about the galata tower restaurant. Is this a great restaurant or merely overstated. So many times I have booked reservations in 'special' restaurants with shows and found them to be very touristy with terrible food. We will be in Istanbul for 2 nights and are interested in great food (we don't want to get sick) and atmosphere. Any input would be appreciated

Thank you

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,840 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: galata tower restaurant

Hi 3284,

I have been to Galata restaurant once. My observations are that the food is very average and you can even call it "mediocre". People go there for the show and it is entertaining for the tourists. It is a touristy restaurant. If you are looking for good food, there are so many good restaurants in Istanbul. Feriye, Vogue, Litera, Lebi Derya are the ones I just thought about. Please visit the following links at tripadvisor:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k8938…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293974-Istanbul…

good luck,

San Diego...
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: galata tower restaurant

Thank you so much. I will check the links that you provided.

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: galata tower restaurant

Yes, the general consensus is that the restaurant is a tourist trap, as you might expect.

You should certainly go up the tower itself though, the views are tremendous.

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: galata tower restaurant

We went to the Galata Tower Restaurant show last week. Yes, it is touristy but fun. It cost 60 Euros and this included transport to and from the hotel to Galata Tower, a hefty meal of reasonable quality and unlimited wine! The entertainment was belly dancing, traditional dancing and a very entertaining singer. It is great to walk around the balcony as it is getting dark to take in the whole of Istanbul. All in all, not a lot more expensive than going to a good restaurant but it was very entertaining and bustling and in my opinion, worth doing.

5. Re: galata tower restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 19:16