We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

Sorry to ask this question as I bet its been asked before but my sister and I will be traveling into Sabiha airport and hope to stay in Sultanahmet. I think its quite some distance away. Whats the best way to get from airport? I gather that some hotels will collect from airport but is it this airport??!!

We intend to stay 3 nights end of August. Will it be too hot to sightsee?

Cheers

Jean

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
173 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from US$72.25*
US$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from US$250.75*
US$295.00
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,914 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

Hi jayBedfordshire,

From Sabiha Airport, it is best to take the Havas bus to Taksim and then a taxi from Taksim to your hotel in Sultanahmet. This bus is 10 YTL/pp. The taxi will be about 13-15 YTL Here is the link:

www.havas.com.tr/en/otobus_istanbul_saw.asp

Alternatively you can take a shuttle directly to your hotel. It is 10 Euros/pp. Check the link:

http://www.sabihagokcenairportshuttle.com/

Istanbul will be hot but manageable in August. You can easily see the sights.

Good luck,

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

Thanks so much for your reply. Very reassuring.

Jay

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

P S I have found a hotel that does airport pick up. They want 55 Euros to collect from Sabiha airport? Does this sound about right? Must be quite a distance. As there are 2 of us maybe we should just bite the bullet and go with a cab? Thanks again. Jay

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,914 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

Hi jayBedfordshire,

Why don't you use the Havas Bus and taxi combination. Lot less expensive.

cheers,

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

Hello,just got back from Istanbul and I can highly recommend a transfer service for you.The address is www.istanbulairportshuttle.com and email is info@istanbultourguide.com.The price is 10 euros per trip (20 return)

When I landed I was met by a man holding a clear sign with ny name on it.Coming back,I was very tired and in pain(I am disabled) and the owner of the business(sorry,can't remember his name) couldn't do enough for me.He took all my bags and put them through security,he waited with me at check-in until a wheelchair was brought for me,about 20 mins,then checked my luggage in for me and got my boarding pass for me.I cannot recomend him highly enough.

6. Re: Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2008, 02:30
7. Re: Sabiha Gokien airport to Sultanahmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 02:18