We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul - May or June?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul - May or June?

We're planning a trip this summer. It would be harder to get away in May, but I've heard June is really crowded and that the music festival may make hotels more expensive or more difficult to find. Suggestions?

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul - May or June?

Hi julie,

Music festival will have a limited affect but June is the high season for Istanbul. It's better to book your hotel from today or change plans for september or october for cheaper rates.

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,122 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul - May or June?

If I had a choice I would go in May rather than June. There will already be tourists in May, but not nearly as many as there will be in June. I try to travel as far away from high season as possible. I hate wasting precious vacation time standing in lines.

I always try to travel when it is less hot so May would meet my preference for temperature as well. If you travel in early May you may still be able to catch some of the tulips in bloom as well as the Judas trees. The flowers in Istanbul gardens are fantastic.

As Alper has advised.....you should make a hotel reservation asap because, even in May, many hotels are already filled.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul - May or June?

My preference would be May temperature and season wise. June could be already getting pretty hot in the day time, and May is still spring, wonderful!

Good luck!

4. Re: Istanbul - May or June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 13:19