We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

You may remember that I was inspired by the London luncheons to suggest a forum meeting in Ohio to be touted after the holidays because I have noticed that several forum regulars live in Ohio. Due to the lack of rail transportation that the Brits enjoy, I suggest a Saturday in late March to avoid driving problems due to the weather. So how does Saturday, March 21, look to anyone interested? Is lunch or dinner better? Because my drive is only 30 minutes, I defer to others for what's best for them.

There is a nice Turkish restaurant here called Cafe Mediterranean which I visited for the second time last Saturday and still enjoyed! The owner told me that if I gave him at least a week's notice, he would be sure to have Hunkar Begendi on the menu as a special, so I will check that offer out soon.

I certainly am flexible on the date and time. So, I will gauge the responses to this post before I plan any further. Hope some of you can attend.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

Well, I already have an amendment. The restaurant only is open for lunch Monday through Friday. But they open for dinner at 3 PM on both Saturday and Sunday, so we plan for late lunch/early dinner.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,504 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

Oh good luck - I hope you get a nice turn out!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

WoooooHooooo!A US branch of the Pashmina Club!Pashmina's İnternational here we come.Hope it is a great success for you all.xxx

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
388 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

wow, I almost missed this posting! I would love to join in this get together. I am about 2hrs north of Cinti but thats fine, I like the drive there and know most of the city because I am an UC alumnae. You might try sending this privately to the Ohio forumites you have seen on here too. Actually, the only reason I knew to look for it was that Patara told me about it. (Thanks Monika!). The 21st is fine with me, I am off that w/e and would love to try that restaurants Hunkar Begendi as its my favorite dish!

Diane

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

Oh you definitely know that you can count me in! This sounds like so much fun. I'm also flexible if the date needs to be changed. Can't wait to see what the response will be! Am so glad to see that Diane has already seen this and will be there!

Jo

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
388 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

Well that makes 3 of us!! I am really wanting to plan my next trip to Turkey despite my family saying I shouldn't travel much this year!! I priced airfare for Oct this year and its still higher than I paid last Sept. But maybe it will come down. keeping it in mind!

Hope to meet all of you soon!! Diane

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,751 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

You lucky girls!!!

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

You can always join us, Monika! Would be a great reason to visit me in lovely Perrysburg!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

Well, actually, Diane and Jo are the only other Ohio regulars of which I am aware. I should clarify again that any readers from anywhere in the world with an interest in Istanbul or Turkey also are invited, as well as their significant others or any of their friends with an interest.

I remember that Busy-retired mentioned she would consider attending, so hopefully she will be fresh back from her latest trip by then. (And I certainly would change the date to accomodate her schedule.)

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cincinnati, Ohio forum meeting in late March

I sent a PM to OhioBill, who lives in Cleveland and had frequently posted on the forum in 2007. He's another Istanbul lover and it would be great if he could join us as well. I know there are some other Ohioans who have posted...wish I could remember who, but I'll try to scout them up.

Mentioned in this post