We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help with hotel selection

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
need help with hotel selection

I'm a 40ish female traveling solo to Istanbul for the first time in the fall. I've been researching hotels and have narrowed it down to a few- Hanedan, Grand Peninsula and Kaftan. They're all centrally located, look good (online, that is) and within my budget.

Berurier told me that Grand Peninsula is quiet- very appealing as I'm a light sleeper when in a strange bed.

Other qualities I'm looking for are- clean, friendly and decent bathroom amenities...the ladies will understand :) Airport transfers are a definite plus

Any info would be appreciated

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help with hotel selection

Hi

concerning bathroom, the Grand Peninsula is 1 month old hotel so bathroom are new and cleaned everyday.Airport transfert (Ataturk) is 15 euros (now too expensive, a taxi may ask you at least the same price). A guy comes and waits you with your name on a paper. We were one hour late, and the guy was here.

The Hanedan : it's the same boss than Grand Peninsula (he has 3 hotels). I asked the receptionnist of the Grand Peninsula if Hanedan was nice, he said to me that it was nice but also says that it begins to be a little old. Concerning Kaftan, I know nothing

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help with hotel selection

I of course wanted to write : "NOT too expensive..."

Concord, California
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help with hotel selection

yu might want to check reviews here for the Kaftan,just type in the name in "search".

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help with hotel selection

Here are the reviews. Looks so-so :

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d120492…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need help with hotel selection

to califpoppy:

there are only 3 reviews for Kaftan, none in english

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need help with hotel selection

Ok ok, the first one says: cafkan is built buy the railway(means it is very noisy, he says rooms are very small , breakfast very poor.The only view he had was from the terace.

The second one likes it.

The spanish one says it does not worth what he payed.

Be carefull.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,975 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need help with hotel selection

Hi comeflyme,

I don´t know your budget but next door to Hanedan is the Sebnem Hotel

http://www.sebnemhotel.net/sebnem2.html

There you will feel very comfortable as female travelling solo and they have very modern new bathrooms. The staff is very kind and helpful, the roof terrace has a gorgeous view (as those of the other hotels as well) and the breakfast was nearly the best I ever had in Turkey.

But is a bit more expensive than the other ones.

Tschüss

Patara01

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help with hotel selection

thanks for the translation, emma75paris... very helpful

now I can cross that one off the list :)

patara01- thanks for the suggestion. It looks lovely and the reviews are great. You're right about the rates, though. I have enough in the budget to up-grade to a large double at Hanedan or Grand Peninsula (and at GP, that gets me a private balcony)

9. Re: need help with hotel selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 07:30