We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

HI all,

I was just looking online and trying to be a travel agent. I found a great deal with british airlines. It's all of about 350 OW from Houston to Heathrow and then a hotel is ubercheap (150 after HUGE discounts) for three days. I want to keep going to Istanbul but found that tickets there were more than getting to Europe.

Does anyone know of a carrier, besides Turkish Airlines, that can be a decent ticket?? The British airlines deal ends today 5/19. I know, I know I just found out about it =(

Thanks ya'll

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,013 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

Counselolady, Easyjet and Pegasus Airlines have cheap tickets from London to Istanbul. "http://www.easyjet.co.uk/en/book/index.asp", "http://www.flypgs.com/EN/".

good luck,

enigma...

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

Swiss

CTA cyprus turkish airlines

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

Only THY and BA fly from Heathrow to Istanbul.

You would have to change to another airport - Gatwick, Stansted or Luton, to get a flight on another carrier - this might well cost you as much as the difference in the ticket price - there's a direct bus link between LHR and LGW, but otherwise the links are neither cheap nor easy.

The flights are probably to Sabiha Gökcen as well, rather then Atatürk.

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

Swiss flies from heathrow.

scotland
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

Hi Try

http://www.skyscanner.net/

good luck

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

The only ones that fly direct to Istanbul from heathrow are Turkish and British.

Swiss and any other will stop in their home countries.

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

Yes, Swiss Intl stops over in Zurich and the total flight time is over 6 hours - or you have to overnight in Zurich.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
617 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

I am not sure if they go from Heathrow, but try Easyjet

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

As above re the direct flights from Heathrow and beware that if you do use Swiss Air you will have to pay for everything on the plane once you board . There is no inclusive meal or drink - even a glass of water. Pegasus is cheap but goes from Stanstead or gatwick which may incur additional travel time and cost . BA and Turkish are the best and most reliable in my experience. You may find inclusive hotel/air options are cheaper than booking both separately . Try Alpha rooms - I have just booked a good deal with them for a July weekend in Istanbul.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheaper tickets from Heathrow to Istanbul

I have used Onur Air since i wrote my last note on this topic. the flighs are limited and although it was reliable , turkish friends when i mentioned Onur air exclaimed - ah they issue prayer mats - a reference to their reputation for poor planes and cancellations. but they are cheap however!