We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to coast from Adana

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
getting to coast from Adana

we have decided to get away from lstanbul for a few days and get the train overnight to Adana. how easy is it to travel from there to somewhere nice on the coast (not too far)to chill out for a couple of days? Is there a bus service, + how long would it take?

thank you

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to coast from Adana

You can go to Mersin, to the West or Iskenderun and Antakya to the Southeast. there are frequent busses in all directions. Mersin is nice, but a well developed city with some beach areas such as Soli. Further West of Mersin are unspoiled beaches at Silifke and environs., possibly 2-2.5h hours bus ride.

I do not know Iskenderun beaches, but Antakya beaches at Samandag are big and popular (dark coloured sand). The distances will probably be somewhat longer, but you should check.

Both directions have interesting antique sites as well.

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to coast from Adana

You can go to Mersin, to the West or Iskenderun and Antakya to the Southeast. there are frequent busses in all directions. Mersin is nice, but a well developed city with some beach areas such as Soli. Further West of Mersin are unspoiled beaches at Silifke and environs., possibly 2-2.5h hours bus ride.

I do not know Iskenderun beaches, but Antakya beaches at Samandag are big and popular (dark coloured sand). The distances will probably be somewhat longer, but you should check.

Both directions have interesting antique sites as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to coast from Adana

thank you

i think we may go to Kizkalesi

has anyone been there?

have found Hotel Rain which looks lovely and may try + book it

any other suggestions welcome

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to coast from Adana

I can recommend Altinorfoz hotel ,at Atakent not too far from Silifke. check the site. 3 years ago we liked it.

5. Re: getting to coast from Adana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2009, 06:19