We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kfc

Scotland
4 posts
Save Topic
kfc

I am aware that Istanbul has an excellent culinary scene which I am eager to experience, however I would also like to know if there are any branches of KFC near the Grand Bazaar/ Blue Mosque area?

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kfc

lol

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kfc

Well......it close to heresy to discuss KFC on the Istanbul forum, but there are some outlets in the city. We have never visited any of them, and it is not something I make note of, but I do remember seeing one in the MetroCity Mall and the Olivium Mall, neither of which are close to Sultanahmet or the Grand Bazaar. My husband thinks he saw one somewhere in Sultanahmet on our way back to our hotel in a taxi last winter, but I do not remember it.

This site has the addresses of several KFC outlets in Istanbul. I hope it will be helpful until some other person, who will admit to noticing a KFC in Istanbul, can provide some more specific information.

english.istanbul.com/Guide/GuideListing.aspx…

Germany
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: kfc

Hello!

Yes, there is KFC in Taksim.

Good luck!

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kfc

Nearest one is in Fatih, inside Fatih Shopping center. In case of emergency, call 444 3 555 (order line).

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kfc

Alper, I will be laughing all day. I can think of a few things that I might classify as an emergency in Istanbul, but acurrently a need for KFC is certainly not among them. I love your wit my friend.

I will, however, save that telephone number. You never know when you may be over-powered by an uncontrolable need for fried chicken:-)

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kfc

What agent007 from Scotland does not not is that KFC in Turkey are more expensive that in europe; why? Chicken is hallal!

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kfc

Emma, have you secretly been eating KFC in Istanbul? Exactly how do you know how expensive it is? lol

Speaking of halal, my son-in-law assures me that when he prays over his food it is regarded as halal, since he cannot obtain food produced under halal laws anywhere close to where he lives.

I asked him to try that with bacon last Sunday, but he said his power to render his meal halal did not extend to pork.

I think if you could have eggs and bacon in Istanbul it would be the most perfect city in the world. Alas, I have to travel all the way to Villa Rhapsody to enjoy my eggs and bacon, but they are the best eggs and bacon I have ever eaten.

I will be waiting for that KFC explanation. lol

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kfc

Busy, I have never been to KFC in Istanbul, some friends did and found it expensive.People told there the reason: hallal chicken's fault. Because the taste is great.That's why.

Do you mean Villarhapsody cooks the real bacon or is it a hallal one too?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kfc

Halal bacon ??? - lol

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kfc

First I got a huge laugh out of the OP's tripadvisor name, and then I got another good laugh from his question.

Mr. Bond, thanks for brightening my day!