We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Manchester
9 posts
Save Topic
Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

hi

Im going with my husband to Istanbul, we are coming on a 4 night holiday but im confused on what kinda hotel to book.

We like getting out and about to we really dont need a 5 star hotel! I'm looking for something 3-4 star and my budget is up to £250 but less is best!

the only thing is im traveling 24 dec til 28 dec, make the trip expensive but i want a hotel in the sultanahmet area.

I have found the Neva hotel 340 Euro the chepest and nice at the same time. i was just woundering if you know of any more?

ThanQ for reading this thread

Manchester
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

just found this hotel for 243Euro...Hotel Ilkay http://www.ilkayhotel.com/en/ seems i nice hotel..what do you think?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Just had a look at the reviews and they are consistently good and it is in a good position convenient for most things.It is a member of the Sirkeci Group of hotels which have a very good name.The also own Erboy Hotel which gets good reviews too.The Şebnem and Apricot are well recommended by regular forum users too.I don't know how any of these fit your budget but you can have a look.

Next door to the Erboy is Sude Konak Hotel which my brother used this summer and was very satisfied with.It's in a quiet street 2 minutes from Topkapı.Keep hunting :)

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Look at the Empress Zoe - although it tends to book up fast. Have a look at another thread that is running at the moment - it gives you many of the forum member's favourites!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3144…

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Sorry - misplaced apostrophe.... obviously I meant "members' favourites"!

I wish there was an edit facility on TA!!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Do you mean the Hotel Nena? If so, it seems to get good reviews and it has some forum fans too!

Make sure you book directly with the hotel - and don't book on their website! Contact them via email and ask for a price - often it will be less.

San Juan...
Level Contributor
558 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Tomorrow I arrive in Istanbul for first-ever visit and will stay at the Rast Hotel in Sultanahmet district. It has had very good reviews on Trip Advisor--it's a fairly new hotel. I'll be posting my own review when I return at the end of the month.

San Jose, Ca.
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

I just came back a few weeks ago from 3 nights in Istanbul-between visits to the Ukraine/Crimea and Cappodochia.

I stayed for the second time at Ottoman Hotel Imperial(first being when they opened in 2007) and loved it again!!!

The asst. Gen. manager Yasar Celen and his staff were warm, accomdating, always smiling and friendly. I happened to be alone(my 2 sisters left before me) and they treated me like welcome family!

One of their receptionists shared his favorite baklava with me and the night bellmany Erhan managed to fix my new small carryon suitcase that I'd bought in Cappodochia the night before I returned home and was panicking that it had broken. He put new screws on it and went above and beyond the call of duty.

The location is right behind the Hagia Sophia, in the center of Sultanahmet, right near the tram which takes you everyone for 1YTL and I walked all over day and night alone with zero fear of anyone. I felt very safe in the area and like with family in the hotel.

I can't wait to go back!!!

PS-I even bought a katftan off their wall for my niece. They were that accomodating!!!!

San Jose, Ca.
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Sorry Their website is www.ottomanhotelimperial.com and they come in less than your budget.

They were pretty reasonable. The rates change for every season so I'd look on their web site to get exact prices.

Also HUGE breakfast(included) a restaurant and a bar and free internet in the bar!!!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Have you left a review for this hotel?

It would be great to know a little more about it. It certainly isn't cheap (compared to some of the budget boutique hotels) but certainly it looks good from it's website and so is very possibly worth the extra.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another thread about recommending hotels in istanbul !?

Just found your review.....! Sounds great.