We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

emine sultan hotel istanbul

Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
emine sultan hotel istanbul

hello

I have read the many good reviews for this hotel, could someone tell which is the nearest airport and transfer time and how much would it cost in a taxi to hotel. Is there within walking distance bar shops restaurants.

thanks for help

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
171 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from US$72.25*
US$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from US$250.75*
US$295.00
Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise with Dinner...
96 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

I can't comment on this hotel as I haven't stayed there - but it is in a good location in Sultanahmet, and it is walking distance to all the main sights and also restaurants, bars etc.

If you decide to stay here, see if they do a free airport transfer if you book for more than three nights (many Sultanahmet hotels do - but only from Ataturk airport which is the closest... the other airport is much further away) - otherwise you could use a shuttle service (see www.istanbulairporttransfer.com) which will be around €7 per person (or around €10 per person if you are coming form the other airport - Sabiha Gokcen) or a taxi which will be a little more expensive (or an awful lot more expensive if SG airport!).

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

We always have a transfer arranged by our hotel when we arrive and leave. We have, however, taken a taxi from the airport on a couple of domestic trips when we did not want to bother the people in our hotel. We took a taxi from Ataturk to our hotel in Sultanahmet in March and the fare was 25TL. I believe fares have increased by about 15%, but it is still fairly inexpensive for a private taxi.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

I stayed there earlier this year, and they did not offer free pickup from the airport. Recommend you book a cab in advance so the price will be set. Do a search on this forum for taxi scams in Istanbul and educate yourself.

I know this hotel receives glowing reviews on average, but I absolutely do not understand why. I try to write fair and balanced reviews and wonder if the people raving about the Emine Sultan have never stayed in a hotel before! We certainly did not receive the personal level of service that some posters rave about. Beds also are hard as rocks, internet service is spotty, walls thin and you can hear everything from your neighbors next door, etc. I wouldn't book there again.

However, location is good and certainly within walking distance of many restaurants and all the major sites.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

It is good to hear your first hand experiences of this hotel (although I am sorry you didn't have a better stay).

I hope you have left a review too so others can see your review when considering this hotel.

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

eminesultanhotel.com/english/guestbook.php

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

Although I guess you aren't going to post bad reviews on your own website!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

I hope you have left a review too so others can see your review when considering this hotel.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My review is posted on TA:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

8. Re: emine sultan hotel istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 05:16