We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maine, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

Hi :

Wondering if there is access online for the Istanbul Ferry schedules.

Thanks for any information, despite the winter arrival we were thinking about the trip up the Bosphorus and possibly the Princes Islands and shutting back and forth from the European to the Asian Side.

Best

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

I looked on the IDO website,there is one trip up the Bosphorus,leaving Eminonu at 10:35am.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

lovetotravelUs provides accurate information for the once daily Bosphorus Cruise. There is only one ferry during the winter, and the ferry leaves a 10:30am. Even though it is winter, I expect you might have a lucky day with some sunshine. The best cruise up the Bosphorus we have ever had was February of 2009. When we went to bed the weather forecast was for rain, but we woke up to brilliant blue skies. We jumped into our clothing, grabbed a siimit and headed for Eminonu. It was a day of sheer magic. I hope you have similar luck.

As for ferries to the Asian side and Buyukada, I have never paid much attention to schedules to the Asian side unless I want to catch the last one in the evening, which is 10pm from Kadikoy and about 11:30 pm from Haydrapasha (this final ferry generally waits for the train arriving from Ankara).

During the day the ferry between Eminonu and Kadikoy runs about every 30 minutes. As I said, we just go to the ferry dock and wait for the next boat because it is never longer than 30 minutes.

The ferry from Istanbul to Buyukada departs from Kabatas. I have not taken this ferry during the winter. It is a lovely trip in spring, summer and fall, but since all transportation on Buyukada is by horse and carriage I have never been motivated to visit the island in the winter. In the summer there is a ferry to Buyukada about every 30 to 45 minutes, but I am sure it is less frequent in February.

Enigma or Alper may have more specific information about ferry schedules to Buyukada in February. None of my resources list them.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

Hi CodfishMaine,

Here is the winter 2010 schedule for Istanbul Ferry Administration: "www.ido.com.tr/en/index.cfm…".

good luck,

enigma...

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

Thanks to all for the reply.

Hamburg
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

My family is planning a one-week trip in May to Buyukada island, followed by a few days in Istanbul. So we need a usefull ferry transfer to the island first. I have a hard time to find an online time schedule of the "private boat owners' cooperative named TurYol" (http://www.turyol.com) which runs ferries from Eminönü, or any other ferry provider for Buyukada except for IDO, which has only one ferry in the morning and another one late evening at this season. Could one of you Istanbul experts help please?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

Hi Andygerente,

There are not two but 10 or more IDO ferries between Kabatas (European side, last stop of tram) and the Islands.: "www.ido.com.tr/en/index.cfm…". Furthermore there are 16 ferries between Bostanci(Asian side) and Buyukada Island. :"www.ido.com.tr/en/index.cfm…". The last ferry from Bostanci is at 00.10 after midnight (24 hour clock) and between Bostanci and Taksim there are regular dolmush (shared taxi) runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Say after a late evening at Beyoglu/Taksim area, you get on one of these dolmushes (they leave next to AKM, Ataturk Cultural Center at Taksim square, choose the one called "sahilden") around 11.15 PM and still catch the last ferry from Bostanci comfortably at 12.10 AM after midnight. There are similiar returns from Buyukada Island. You really do not need Turyol ferries.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 08 April 2010, 04:29
Malaysia
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

Will the ferry ride give motion sickness?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

MAPSA, Normally, no! But if the sea is rough and the day is windy, maybe!

enigma...

9. Re: Online Ferry Schedules Istanbul for February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:16