We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

Hi, traveling in mid April ,staying in Sultanahmed, please can you recommend really good quality restaurants (not neccessarily highest priced.) My partner is a trained chef and eating out is a contensious issue at the best of times he is very hard to please , i will be celebrating my birthday and would love to be able to eat out without the usual complaints of dissatisfaction!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,849 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

Hi lucypopsiii,

I would like to suggest three very good restaurants. The first one is Mimolette, an excellent French restaurant with a famous chef Murat Bozok, who so many years worked at three star Michelin restaurants. It is on Siraselviler street close to Taksim. "http://www.mimolett.com.tr/indexen.html". The second one is Mikla restaurant, run by chef Mehmet Gürs, who also worked in many Michelin star restaurants. This restaurant is at the top terrace of Mermara Pera Hotel at Pera/Beyoglu. In addition to excellent cuisine, magnificent views. " http://www.miklarestaurant.com/". And finally, Changa, a fusion restaurant, run by famous chef Peter Gordon, again at Siraselviler street near Taksim. "changa-istanbul.com/v2/changataksimmain.asp". You can read the their reviews at Tripadvisor or at other websites. All would require reservations in advance.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 03 March 2010, 11:28
istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

In addition to the above excellent suggestions, you can try:

1. Beyti, for the best lamb ever and the interesting premises (chops)

2. Borsa, for traditional turkish cuisine, prepared well. (slow roasted lamb)

3. Aleko, Deniz Ati at yenikoy, for fish, and meze. (anything)

4. Sardunya, close to istanbul modern, at Findikli/Salipazari (Seabass wrapped in Swiss Chard) Eclectic.

5. Develi for Southeastern Kebaps (pistacchio kebap)

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

Thanks so much for your reply, i will read up on these.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

You can also add your list " Feriye Lokantasi"

http://www.feriye.com/english/index.asp

Local,

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

Sorry but feriye, although with a tremendous night view, has mediocre food at best and definitely not worth the price you pay. Go there for an after dinner cup of coffee in the summer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

I know one should not dispute otherchelebi on food matters in Istanbul but I like Feriye, food and view, with my mediocre taste buds as well.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

I respect your explanation about their food but eveyone's taste of tongue is different.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

If you want to eat in Sultanahmet sometime and not having to go too far, you could try Amedros, Albura/Kathisma (if you go here make sure you ask to see the 'hidden palace') and Mosaik.

While not world class, the food is generally consistently good in all of them.

You may also enjoy Giritli as you will sample some very different food here than anywhere else. Ciya in Kadikoy on the Asian side would also give you a very different food experience - as would Asitane by Chora Church. Your partner may enjoy getting an insight into these different types of Turkish cuisine.

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

One of my personal favorites is Asitane, just a few steps away from Chora Church. It has fabulous Ottoman dishes and their garden is a lovely place in which to dine. Here's a link to their website for a better idea of what they have to offer:

www.asitanerestaurant.com/English/index.php

Jo

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best quality restauants. Istanbul.

Very useful, thank you. On the basis of your suggestions and comparing the various web sites I have booked Mimolett for my main 'splurge' dinner later this month. So far impressed by their speedy and polite response to my reservation request e-mail.

I am not normally given to eating in hotel restaurants but I just wondered if anyone has any knowledge of The Prime at the Park Hyatt?

Thank you