We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacha Tours of Turkey

MD
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Pacha Tours of Turkey

We were interested in the 22 night Cultural Heritage tour leaving 30 May and were bothered by some of the past negative comments.

When I look at the hotels listed they look for the most part to be nice, although some of the descriptions do not include the words "air conditioned" in spite of the Pacha agent telling me that they were all ac'd.

Plus some of the bad experiences with the tour guides.

But there were others who liked the tours very much.

So I wanted to know if there is anyone who has traveled recently with Pacha and are willing to inform me about their experiences with this company?

Is traveler's illness common for a tour to the interior of Turkey.

Thanks, Joe

Melitour
Sightseeing Tours
Archaeologous
Sightseeing Tours
Turkey Travel Holiday
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Shopping Tours
Real Istanbul Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacha Tours of Turkey

Hi Joe and welcome to the Istanbul forum. We do not have much history on Pacha Tours. If you type Pacha Tours into the search block at the beginning of the forum you can read what little information is available.

We (husband and self) do not use formal tours to visit places in Turkey. Generally we find it is less expensive to make our own arrangements for transportation and lodging. A bit of advanced preparation can give you enough information to be informed about what you are going to see.

I do not know what area of Turkey your tour will visit, but if it is the south of Turkey, Ephesus or Cappadocia I am sure you could make arrangements for yourself.

I have almost no experience with formal tours in Turkey. I experienced them in other countries and determined that they were not suitable for my traveling style. I hate to be herded. I want to be able to see things at my own pace. I also like to select my own hotels, and it always seemed to me that I could get better rooms for less money if I made my own arrangements than I could with a formal tour group. I would be quite concerned about the lack of A/C in hotel rooms, and hesitant to believe what the agent said about all hotels having A/C. In my experience with tours, agents will say almost anything to get you signed up.

Public transportation in Turkey is really quite good. Domestic air fares are amazingly low, and there are dozens of bus companies that provide service all over Turkey. While not well known for rail service, we (husband and self) enjoy the train between Istanbul and Ankara.

I would try to price the trip you wish to take by making your own arrangements and compare the price to what you will pay Pacha Tours. Then you may be able to determine if using a formal tour group is the best decision for you.

Mentioned in this post
Ankara
Ankara
Ankara Province, Turkey
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,832 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacha Tours of Turkey

Hi aarp,

I do no know much about Pascha tours. However the purpose of my post is to encourage you to ask for and get "package tour insurance" (not travel insurance) from your tour provider, free of charge, in form of an "package tour insurance policy", as required by law. Here is more info on this insurance in Turkey: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3371…".

good luck,

enigma...

3. Re: Pacha Tours of Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 07:17